Removing blank lines.

  • John Fitzsimons
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      I was wanting to remove blank lines in a text file the other day and
      couldn't find anything in a menu to enable that. There was nothing in
      the help file under "remove" or "blank" or "lines" about this. :-(

      Rather than spend ages trying to work out how to get a script to do it
      I used something else. Now that I have a few spare minutes it seems to
      me that a simple search for all blank lines and replacing with nothing
      should have worked.

      Can someone tell me what the "Search for" syntax should have been
      please ? I presume that I would leave the "Replace" section blank ?

      Regards, John.

      ,-._|\ John Fitzsimons - Melbourne, Australia.
      / Oz \ http://www.vicnet.net.au/~johnf/welcome.htm
      \_,--.x/ http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/