Re: [NTB] Getting rid of the names/tags

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
      At 08:53 AM 6/30/03 -0400, you wrote:
      >How would I get rid of the names/tags of files that I created in NoteTab
      Light?

      >Thank you,

      I don't know. How would you get rid of them Barry? :-|

      (You reply with the puch line here----- followed by a rim shot)

      You do not provide much information for a fellow to work with so I cannot
      tell what you really want. I am guessing that you want to strip HTML from
      a document.

      1. If you want to process the whole document, go to the menu bar and select
      Modify/Strip HTML Tags/Remove All Tags to get rid of all of the tags in the
      document and to convert the document to a text (.txt) file. If you want to
      preserve the URLs, select Modify/Strip HTML Tags/Preserve URLs.

      2. If you want to process just part of the document, select/highlight the
      part you want to process adn the perform the same steps as in (1.) above on
      that selection. If you do not make a selection, the Strip Tags feature
      will select the whole document and process it all. If you do make a
      selection, the processing is limited to your selection.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Barry Karas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
        I'm sorry I didn't give more information.

        The names/tags of files are listed across the top, just under the little
        icons that are under the menu items (File, Edit, Search, View, etc.).

        I do not want to delete the files themselves - I just want to delete any
        mention of them in NTL ver. 4.95.

        Thank you.

        Barry Karas

        > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:52:58 -0500
        > From: Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
        > To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
        > ReplyTo: notetab@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [NTB] Getting rid of the names/tags
        >
        > At 08:53 AM 6/30/03 -0400, you wrote:
        > >How would I get rid of the names/tags of files that I created in
        > NoteTab Light?
        > >
        > >Thank you,
        >

        > I don't know. How would you get rid of them Barry? :-|
        >
        > (You reply with the puch line here----- followed by a rim shot)
        >

        > You do not provide much information for a fellow to work with so I
        > cannot tell what you really want. I am guessing that you want to strip
        > HTML from a document.
        >
        > 1. If you want to process the whole document, go to the menu bar and
        > select Modify/Strip HTML Tags/Remove All Tags to get rid of all of the
        > tags in the document and to convert the document to a text (.txt) file.
        > If you want to preserve the URLs, select Modify/Strip HTML Tags/Preserve
        > URLs.
        > 2. If you want to process just part of the document, select/highlight
        > the part you want to process adn the perform the same steps as in (1.)
        > above on that selection. If you do not make a selection, the Strip Tags
        > feature will select the whole document and process it all. If you do
        > make a selection, the processing is limited to your selection.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Larry
        > lrt@... e��

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
          At 08:59 PM 6/30/03 -0400, you wrote:
          >I'm sorry I didn't give more information.
          >
          >The names/tags of files are listed across the top, just under the little
          >icons that are under the menu items (File, Edit, Search, View, etc.).
          >
          >I do not want to delete the files themselves - I just want to delete any
          >mention of them in NTL ver. 4.95.

          I have all versions of NoteTab (Light, Std, & Pro) and I have opened both
          Light and Pro to see if I can identify what you are talking about. The
          first item you describe above is a menu bar and I see it on both versions
          of my programs. The next thing that I see below that is the tool bar which
          allows you to quickly access the features you ust most commonly without
          having to use the menu bar. Just below that on both of my programs is the
          document tab. It has the names of the open files if any are open or one
          noname.txt new file that has not been saved yet and is ready for you to
          type into and save if no other files aqre open.

          You cannot eliminate these tabs. It is how you are able to switch from one
          open document to another while having many documents open at the same time.
          Many other editors allow you to have more than one file open at a time but
          they require you to go to the menu bar and select a window item which will
          list the files y9ou have open. NoteTab was written this way so that you
          can easily switch from file to file just by clicking on the tabs and you
          cannot hide the tabs. This is why it is called NoteTab. Go to the menu
          bar and select View/Options and you will open an options panel. You will
          see several tabs on this panel and you can select one that says "Tab Bar".
          This will allow you to select several options concerning the display of
          these tabs but it will not allow you to hide them. You may want to take a
          look at it anyway.

          You can hide the toolbar from the view menu item and also stack or unstack
          the document tabs from there as well.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
            Hi Barry (Larry)

            I think Barry is referring to files he's opened in a previous session (whose
            names appear in the document tabs). These keep getting reopened each time
            you restart Notetab.

            If that's what you mean, you can use File-Close Document, File-Close All
            Documents or just middle mouse button on one of the document tabs to close
            that particular file (tab).

            Regards ... Alec

            >> I'm sorry I didn't give more information.
            >>
            >> The names/tags of files are listed across the top, just under the
            >> little icons that are under the menu items (File, Edit, Search,
            >> View, etc.).
            >>
            >> I do not want to delete the files themselves - I just want to delete
            >> any mention of them in NTL ver. 4.95.
            >
            > I have all versions of NoteTab (Light, Std, & Pro) and I have opened
            > both Light and Pro to see if I can identify what you are talking
            > about. The first item you describe above is a menu bar and I see it
            > on both versions of my programs. The next thing that I see below
            > that is the tool bar which allows you to quickly access the features
            > you ust most commonly without having to use the menu bar. Just below
            > that on both of my programs is the document tab. It has the names of
            > the open files if any are open or one noname.txt new file that has
            > not been saved yet and is ready for you to type into and save if no
            > other files aqre open.
            >
            > You cannot eliminate these tabs. It is how you are able to switch
            > from one open document to another while having many documents open at
            > the same time. Many other editors allow you to have more than one
            > file open at a time but they require you to go to the menu bar and
            > select a window item which will list the files y9ou have open.
            > NoteTab was written this way so that you can easily switch from file
            > to file just by clicking on the tabs and you cannot hide the tabs.
            > This is why it is called NoteTab. Go to the menu bar and select
            > View/Options and you will open an options panel. You will see
            > several tabs on this panel and you can select one that says "Tab
            > Bar". This will allow you to select several options concerning the
            > display of these tabs but it will not allow you to hide them. You
            > may want to take a look at it anyway.
            >
            > You can hide the toolbar from the view menu item and also stack or
            > unstack the document tabs from there as well.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Larry
            > lrt@... e¿ê

          • Pete Turner
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2003
              G'day,

              > If that's what you mean, you can use File-Close Document,
              > File-Close All
              > Documents or just middle mouse button on one of the document
              > tabs to close
              > that particular file (tab).

              Like most other things about NoteTab, this behaviour is configurable.

              If you select View > Options... From the menu, and click the General
              Tab. Uncheck the 'Reload Open Documents' checkbox, and when you
              restart NoteTab thereafter, it will not reopen any files that were open
              when you last closed it.

              Pete