Re: [NTB] Beta problems

  • djust@netvision.net.il
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
      > >^!COPYFILE:C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html
      > >c:\program files\super
      > >notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html
      >
      > What happened here
      > >between 4.011 and 4.5?
      >
      > Try:
      >
      > ^!COPYFILE "C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html"
      > "c:\program files\super notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html"
      >
      > Also, you had a tab between the copy from/to paths. Might not be
      > in the clip, but make sure it is a space anyway.

      Thanks, Joseph. Works now. I've found a few other changes I'm
      going to have to make before the upgrade, too.

      Grandma, What's the URL of your latest help file?

      Thanks,
      David.

      ----
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
        01.08.1998 8:16 PM djust@... wrote

        > Grandma, What's the URL of your latest help file?

        The WhatsNew.otl is at
        http://freedom.n-i.com/notetab/whatsnew.zip
        This has sections for all of the changes between 4.0 & 4.5.

        An outline form of the ClipSyntax.txt file that comes with the
        beta is at http://freedom.n-i.com/clipsyntax.otl

        They basically contain the same info with WhatsNew being
        alphabetical & ClipSyntax organized by type.

        Wayne's Reference otl is an enhanced combo of both types.
        http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/ntr45fb1.zip

        There's also a link on my main notetab page for a zip of the help
        file in otl format. (bigfoot link in sig)

        --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
        notetab-tips-subscribe@...
        **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
        http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

        ----
      • djust@netvision.net.il
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
          > An outline form of the ClipSyntax.txt file that comes with the
          > beta is at http://freedom.n-i.com/clipsyntax.otl
          Returned a 404.

          Thanks,
          David.

          ----
        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
            02.08.1998 1:46 AM djust@... wrote

            >> An outline form of the ClipSyntax.txt file that comes with the
            >> beta is at http://freedom.n-i.com/clipsyntax.otl
            > Returned a 404.

            Sorry - left out the /notetab part :(
            http://freedom.n-i.com/notetab/clipsyntax.otl
            I need to put those links on the page & stick with
            http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9 which I tend to mess up less
            frequently than when trying to send invididual file links.

            --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
            notetab-tips-subscribe@...
            **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
            http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

            ----
          • Eric G.V. Fookes
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
              Hi David,

              >1. I have NTP 4.011/iw. When the 4.5 release version comes out,
              >I would like to first install it in a separate directory to see if I like
              it,
              >and then, if I do like it, install a second copy over my old
              >c:\program files\NoteTab Pro (and erase the first copy of 4.5).
              >Will this be possible, or will the upgrade only be willing to install
              >itself directly over 4.011?

              You will be able to install it anywhere you like.

              >2. Will 4.5 be fully back-compatible with 4.011? In plain English,
              >will my 4.011 clbs run without change in 4.5?

              Yes, with some rare exceptions due to changes I made fogetting to keep
              backward compatibility. Please tell me if you discover such problems.

              Best regards,
              Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
              Author of the award-winning NoteTab text editors for Windows
              and also the 1998 "People's Choice" award!

              ----
            • Eric G.V. Fookes
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
                Hi David,

                >Question no. 2:
                >I have several clips of the general form:
                >H="Back up index.html"
                >^!COPYFILE:C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html
                >c:\program files\super
                >notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html
                >in one of my clip libraries. (Don't worry about the gibberish in the
                >middle: it reads just fine on my Hebrew windows). On my 4.011 in
                >c:\program files\NoteTab Pro they work just fine. In the beta,
                >sitting in c:\unzipped\notetabb1, I get a message from Windows
                >(in Hebrew, of course) telling me that "the file name
                >ind0802030844 is too long or illegal". What happened here
                >between 4.011 and 4.5?

                Do you have a tab character between the two parameters? With the new syntax
                you should put double-quotes around the criteria (as they contain spaces)
                and use a space as a parameter separator. For example: