Re: [NTB] First question on 4.5 beta.

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
      01.08.1998 6:51 PM djust@... wrote

      > No. 1. I tried to use the View in Browser function from the toolbar,
      > and got a box saying "Could not execute c:\program
      > files\Opera\Opera.exe". What's wrong?

      Put it in as your Main Browser - Options|Internet & it works
      great. I find that I have to close the Opera window that has my
      view when I haven't saved the doc yet & use reload in Opera when
      I've changed & saved a doc to get the next view to use my changes.

      How are your 4.0 Clipbooks doing with the beta?

      --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
      notetab-tips-subscribe@...
      **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
      http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

      ----
    • djust@netvision.net.il
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
        Question no. 2:
        I have several clips of the general form:
        H="Back up index.html"
        ^!COPYFILE:C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html
        c:\program files\super
        notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html
        in one of my clip libraries. (Don't worry about the gibberish in the
        middle: it reads just fine on my Hebrew windows). On my 4.011 in
        c:\program files\NoteTab Pro they work just fine. In the beta,
        sitting in c:\unzipped\notetabb1, I get a message from Windows
        (in Hebrew, of course) telling me that "the file name
        ind0802030844 is too long or illegal". What happened here
        between 4.011 and 4.5?

        Thanks,
        David.

        ----
      • Jody Adair
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
          Hi David,

          >^!COPYFILE:C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html
          >c:\program files\super
          >notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html

          What happened here
          >between 4.011 and 4.5?

          Try:

          ^!COPYFILE "C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html"
          "c:\program files\super notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html"

          Also, you had a tab between the copy from/to paths. Might not be
          in the clip, but make sure it is a space anyway.

          c ya,
          Jody
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

          ----
        • djust@netvision.net.il
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
            > >^!COPYFILE:C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html
            > >c:\program files\super
            > >notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html
            >
            > What happened here
            > >between 4.011 and 4.5?
            >
            > Try:
            >
            > ^!COPYFILE "C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html"
            > "c:\program files\super notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html"
            >
            > Also, you had a tab between the copy from/to paths. Might not be
            > in the clip, but make sure it is a space anyway.

            Thanks, Joseph. Works now. I've found a few other changes I'm
            going to have to make before the upgrade, too.

            Grandma, What's the URL of your latest help file?

            Thanks,
            David.

            ----
          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
              01.08.1998 8:16 PM djust@... wrote

              > Grandma, What's the URL of your latest help file?

              The WhatsNew.otl is at
              http://freedom.n-i.com/notetab/whatsnew.zip
              This has sections for all of the changes between 4.0 & 4.5.

              An outline form of the ClipSyntax.txt file that comes with the
              beta is at http://freedom.n-i.com/clipsyntax.otl

              They basically contain the same info with WhatsNew being
              alphabetical & ClipSyntax organized by type.

              Wayne's Reference otl is an enhanced combo of both types.
              http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/ntr45fb1.zip

              There's also a link on my main notetab page for a zip of the help
              file in otl format. (bigfoot link in sig)

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
                > An outline form of the ClipSyntax.txt file that comes with the
                > beta is at http://freedom.n-i.com/clipsyntax.otl
                Returned a 404.

                Thanks,
                David.

                ----
              • Kay Roath
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
                  02.08.1998 1:46 AM djust@... wrote

                  >> An outline form of the ClipSyntax.txt file that comes with the
                  >> beta is at http://freedom.n-i.com/clipsyntax.otl
                  > Returned a 404.

                  Sorry - left out the /notetab part :(
                  http://freedom.n-i.com/notetab/clipsyntax.otl
                  I need to put those links on the page & stick with
                  http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9 which I tend to mess up less
                  frequently than when trying to send invididual file links.

                  --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
                  notetab-tips-subscribe@...
                  **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
                  http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

                  ----
                • Eric G.V. Fookes
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
                    Hi David,

                    >1. I have NTP 4.011/iw. When the 4.5 release version comes out,
                    >I would like to first install it in a separate directory to see if I like
                    it,
                    >and then, if I do like it, install a second copy over my old
                    >c:\program files\NoteTab Pro (and erase the first copy of 4.5).
                    >Will this be possible, or will the upgrade only be willing to install
                    >itself directly over 4.011?

                    You will be able to install it anywhere you like.

                    >2. Will 4.5 be fully back-compatible with 4.011? In plain English,
                    >will my 4.011 clbs run without change in 4.5?

                    Yes, with some rare exceptions due to changes I made fogetting to keep
                    backward compatibility. Please tell me if you discover such problems.

                    Best regards,
                    Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
                    Author of the award-winning NoteTab text editors for Windows
                    and also the 1998 "People's Choice" award!

                    ----
                  • Eric G.V. Fookes
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
                      Hi David,

                      >Question no. 2:
                      >I have several clips of the general form:
                      >H="Back up index.html"
                      >^!COPYFILE:C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html
                      >c:\program files\super
                      >notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html
                      >in one of my clip libraries. (Don't worry about the gibberish in the
                      >middle: it reads just fine on my Hebrew windows). On my 4.011 in
                      >c:\program files\NoteTab Pro they work just fine. In the beta,
                      >sitting in c:\unzipped\notetabb1, I get a message from Windows
                      >(in Hebrew, of course) telling me that "the file name
                      >ind0802030844 is too long or illegal". What happened here
                      >between 4.011 and 4.5?

                      Do you have a tab character between the two parameters? With the new syntax
                      you should put double-quotes around the criteria (as they contain spaces)
                      and use a space as a parameter separator. For example: