Re: [NTB] How do I build a macro?

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2003
      Robin,

      Welcome to the list(s)

      At 10:03 AM 6/27/2003 +1000, you wrote:
      >Greetings To All
      >============
      >
      >I am a very basic user overwhelmed by the abilities of this software.
      >
      >I am using NoteTab Pro and I have the Manual in PDF.
      >
      >I plan to use a macro for editing an email that is a weekly occurrence to
      >remove line feeds and take double paragraph breaks to single paragraph
      >breaks for use elsewhere.
      >
      >I have searched for instructions on making a macro. There are numerous
      >entries that assure me that NoteTab can make macros but I am unable to find
      >the part that will give me instructions.
      >
      >Any help will be appreciated but the page number in the manual should suffice.

      First of all, though they mean basically the same thing where NTP is concerned, the NTP term for a Macro is a "Clip"

      NoteTab comes complete with it's own very powerful "Clip" Language and it is covered extensively in the Help files.
      In fact there is the equivalent of a Programmers Reference manual for the Clip Language in the Help Menu under "Help on Clip Programming".

      There is a separate list which deals specifically with Clips and is referred to as "The NoteTab Clips List" (see how to subscribe below).
      There you will find several hundred (thousand??) years of experience available to help you either learn how to write your own clips or show you how to find clips that already exist that you can modify to suit your specific needs, or for the price of a smile you can get 5 people to write the clip for you and spend a week debating which is the best of the lot. :-)

      Clip writing is like learning to ride a bicycle (or baking an Apple Pie) - seems tricky at first but the more you do it, the easier it gets.

      You will find a downloadable Basic Clip Basics Tutorial which will help you get the basic mechanics at
      http://www.jimbow.com/

      You can find more advanced info on Clip Writing at:
      http://www.notetab.net/
      (All kinds of neat goodies)

      To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the following NoteTab
      Mailing Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s)
      using the eMail address to the right of the list name:

      Subscribe

      The NoteTab Basic List................. NoteTab-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The NoteTab ClipsClass List............ ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com