Re: [NTB] HTMlib

  • Erik Moeller
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 8:51 AM
      DaddyVL worte:

      > Failing that, does anybody have any tips about installing IE Explorer
      > without screwing up my computer ???

      Don't.
      --
      Journalist, Database Programmer, Humanist - Reichshof/Germany
      Phone: +49-2296-9179 - Web: http://www.excelsior.org/~erik

      ----
    • Len & Mary
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 4:19 PM
        Hi Clifford;

        I've been using IE 3 since it's release with no problems and
        only minor irritations and frustrations.
        If you are asking about IE 4, I will not use it.
        I tried the IE4 final beta, I disliked the way it was intergrated
        with so many functions that were not internet related and I had
        random problems with a number of programs that had previously
        operated correctly.
        I removed IE 4 but the problems continued. I finaly reformatted
        my main drive to get rid of all the left-over influences and
        totally reloaded windows 95 and my other programs.

        There have been a number of complaints from other users of IE 4.

        Good Luck, Len

        >Failing that, does anybody have any tips about installing IE Explorer
        >without screwing up my computer ???
        >Clifford in Houston

        Len & Mary <mjlohj@...>

        ----
      • Roger Williams
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2 11:16 PM
          Erik Moeller wrote:

          > DaddyVL worte:
          >
          > > Failing that, does anybody have any tips about installing IE Explorer
          > > without screwing up my computer ???
          >
          > Don't.

          I endorse that. It cost me five hours on the phone to Gateway support,
          two reinstallations of Windows 95, and complete reinstallation of all my
          programs. Plus loss of a couple of working files that I created between
          backups. I have vowed never to allow Internet Explorer onto this
          computer again! If you MUST play with it, have nothing to do with the
          "run desktop like browser" (or something like that... I'm translating
          back from what the Japanese says).

          Whatever happens, you'll be glad that you don't have to wrestle with
          Japanese "help" files. <painful grin>

          Roger

          ----
        • Dr. Jai Maharaj
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2 11:34 PM
            Aloha!

            On the other hand, installing Win95, IE Explorer,
            and later upgrading to Win98 was a breeze on my confuser. :)

            Jai Maharaj
            jai@...
            Om Shanti

            Roger Williams [mailto:roger@...] wrote:

            > Erik Moeller wrote:
            >
            >> DaddyVL worte:
            >>> Failing that, does anybody have any tips about installing IE Explorer
            >>> without screwing up my computer ???
            >>
            > > Don't.
            >
            > I endorse that. It cost me five hours on the phone to Gateway support,
            > two reinstallations of Windows 95, and complete reinstallation of all my
            > programs. Plus loss of a couple of working files that I created between
            > backups. I have vowed never to allow Internet Explorer . . .

            ----
          • David Martin
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 7 3:21 AM
              DaddyVL said on 10:28 AM 8/1/98 -0500:
              >I would like to use the HTMlib recommended in the NoteTab help, but going to
              >the site it seems to say that I have to have IE Explorer to use it.
              >I thought I saw where an earlier version (3.X?) didn't need it, but I can't
              >recover where I saw it (maybe one of Jody's files or emails?)
              >
              >Failing that, does anybody have any tips about installing IE Explorer
              >without screwing up my computer ???

              Don''t install the Active Desktop" component they say....

              Regards,

              Dave
              David Martin
              mailto:dave@...
              RSA Key ID: 0x24DF806B *all other keys obsolete*
              DH/DSS Key ID: 0xE30D335A Check X-Headers for URL to get keys

              ----