Re: [NTB] Modifying UrlList in NotePro.ini

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2003
      Hi Ray,

      At 02:04 AM 6/18/03 -0400, you wrote:
      >Hello Group,
      >
      >I see that NotePro.ini stores a list of recently visited URLs in a section
      >under the label "[UrlList]". In my case, 20 URLs are stored.
      >
      >Is there a way to modify what's stored in that section other than editing the
      >NotePro.ini file? For example, can I increase/decrease the number of URLs
      >stored? Can I clear the history from within NTPro?
      >
      >I searched Help for "URL", "History", "UrlList", "INI", but found nothing
      >relevant.

      From previous discussions that I have had with Eric, Jody, and others over
      the years, the only way to edit these lists is to do it directly in the ini
      file and save the file with an explanation point character as the first
      character in the file name. (!notepro.ini) and then closing and re-opening
      NoteTab. Eric told me that he set these "history" lists or MRU's up so
      that they would hold a maximum of 20 entries. The entries get pushed down
      in the lists as you make new ones and they are moved to the top of the list
      when you select them from the list. If you enter more than 20 items to the
      list, the first 19 items in the list are moved down to make room for your
      new entry and the 20th item at the end is dropped from the list instead of
      being made into the 21rst item.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2003
        Hi Larry,

        <<do it directly in the ini file >>

        The Help file should make some mention of this.

        Thanks for the help.

        Ray Shapp
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2003
          Hi Ray,

          At 03:10 AM 6/18/03 -0400, you wrote:
          >Hi Larry,
          >
          ><<do it directly in the ini file >>
          >
          >The Help file should make some mention of this.

          Much better would be if Eric could provide a feature like the one in my
          file viewer where I can edit these lists. In my viewer, I have the same
          types of lists with a drop-down arrow on the right end of the list to be
          able to see and select or re-select items in the list as in NoteTab. In
          the viewer however, you can right-click on the drop-down arrow and you get
          a menu with two items on it to select - "Delete this Item" or "Clear
          History List". That takes care of the problem for me.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...