Re: [NTB] Resize Find and Find/Replace

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 9, 2003
      Alec Burgess wrote:

      > John:
      >

      > I'm not seeing this - on my system Win2K NtbPro 4.95 it can be
      re-sized left
      > or right (not vertically). When I let go it stays re-sized. What OS / Ntb
      > version are you using?
      >
      > btw:
      > If you left click the icon top left in the title bar you can "save window
      > state"
      >
      > Also (if you haven't already found it), if you right click the Find or
      > Replace text input field you get a chance to specify the font type
      and size
      > used in the Find/Replace windows.
      >
      > Regards ... Alec

      Alec, John,

      My Find dialog is re-sizable as Alec's. It stays re-sized until it's
      closed and re-opened. While it is open, you can re-size it, then you
      can right click, I'm not sure if this is what Alec meant, the title bar
      of the Find dialog and select Save Window state, referring only to the
      Find dialog window.

      After doing this it will retain the size you selected the next time it
      is opened.

      hrs
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 9, 2003
        Hrs

        So many ways to do things :-)
        > ....then you
        > can right click, I'm not sure if this is what Alec meant,
        > the title bar
        > of the Find dialog and select Save Window state,
        > referring only to the
        > Find dialog window.

        Right-click the Find dialog title bar - or - left-click the Find icon *IN*
        its title-bar.

        This one isn't just Notetab (except for the extra functions it provides) -
        its any windows titlebar, but I'd been using Windows for some time before I
        realized they were equivalent :-)

        Regards ... Alec

        > My Find dialog is re-sizable as Alec's. It stays
        > re-sized until it's
        > closed and re-opened. While it is open, you can re-size
        > it, >
        > After doing this it will retain the size you selected the
        > next time it
        > is opened.
        >
        > hrs
      • Wright, John - Textron Financial
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 10, 2003
          Thanks Warner. I didn't know you could F3 to repeat, after you close the
          find box. That will help.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 10, 2003
            I'm running NTP 4.95 on Win98 and ME. I did find that I can stretch the find
            box horizontally, but that's it. Your tip about right clicking and "save
            window state" is a help though.
            Thanks,
            John

            > but as soon as you let go of the mouse button, the box
            > snaps back to its normal size. Am I missing something?

            I'm not seeing this - on my system Win2K NtbPro 4.95 it can be resized left
            or right (not vertically). When I let go it stays resized. What OS / Ntb
            version are you using?

            btw:
            If you left click the icon top left in the title bar you can "save window
            state"

            Also (if you haven't already found it), if you right click the Find or
            Replace text input field you get a chance to specify the font type and size
            used in the Find/Replace windows. Before someone mentioned this on the list
            I used to go blind trying to see exactly what I had in the text fields,
            especially when trying to test regexps.

            Regards ... Alec