Help File entry for Outlines

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2003
      Hi Group,

      I searched Help for an entry that would tell me how to open an Outline as a
      normal document. That is, I'd like to see the entire OTL file all at once as
      a single document with all its headers and content displayed continuously.
      I'm sure this can be done (I actually found the method in Help once), but I
      don't remember how.

      May I suggest that entries in the Help file under "How to" and under "Outline"
      would be useful. "How to" already has an entry for converting normal files
      into Outlines. I'm looking for the reverse process.

      Thanks for the help.

      Ray Shapp
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
        Ray Shapp wrote:

        > Hi Group,
        >
        > I searched Help for an entry that would tell me how to open an
        Outline as a
        > normal document. That is, I'd like to see the entire OTL file all at
        once as
        > a single document with all its headers and content displayed
        continuously.
        > I'm sure this can be done (I actually found the method in Help once),
        but I
        > don't remember how.
        >
        > May I suggest that entries in the Help file under "How to" and under
        "Outline"
        > would be useful. "How to" already has an entry for converting normal
        files
        > into Outlines. I'm looking for the reverse process.
        >
        > Thanks for the help.
        >
        > Ray Shapp

        Ray,

        Hi Ray,

        In an effort to stay within the list rules, I am posting a short clip to
        the clips list that will allow;

        If viewing, ReLoading an Outline file as straight text for editing.

        Also, if not currently viewing the file, allows loading an Outline or
        Template file as straight text for editing.

        Hope you're a member of the [Clips] list.

        hrs
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2003
          Hi Ray,

          Use Document | Insert File... (into a new document).

          But, you seem to want to do something else in your second
          paragraph. To convert an Outline to a regular text document use
          File | Export.

          >I searched Help for an entry that would tell me how to open an
          >Outline as a normal document. That is, I'd like to see the
          >entire OTL file all at once as a single document with all its
          >headers and content displayed continuously. I'm sure this can be
          >done (I actually found the method in Help once), but I don't
          >remember how.
          >
          >May I suggest that entries in the Help file under "How to" and
          >under "Outline" would be useful. "How to" already has an entry
          >for converting normal files into Outlines. I'm looking for the
          >reverse process.
          >
          >Thanks for the help.
          >
          >Ray Shapp

          Happy Tab'n,