Re: [NTB] win xp pro

  • Robert Romberger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
      On 6 Jun 2003 at 0:29, Dave wrote:

      > I am running NTS 4.95 and I am wondering whether any one else has this
      > problem which is
      > As soon as you select anything that runs off screen, i.e. leave finger on
      > key to long, NTS goes nuts and you end up with three lines in front and six
      > after all selected ???? Is this a bug or is XP PRO to quick for it. ???

      I am currently up to NTP 4.95 on XP Pro and have never seen this sort of
      behaviour. Sounds like you might have the typomatic rate set too high - a
      control found both in the BIOS and in the Control Panel of XP Pro. For the
      Control Panel option, go to:

      Start -> Crontol Panel -> Keyboard

      You will find a repeat delay control, repeat rate control, and a space to
      test it out just below that. Play with it to get the rate you are looking
      for. Note that below that is a cursor blink rate control, and has nothing
      to do with the speed in which the key presses are repeated - just in how
      fast they are displayed on the screen.

      For the BIOS option, you will have to consult the hardware book you got
      with your computer/motherboard on how to get into the BIOS and where the
      typomatic control is. Usually, you can ignore this and make all of your
      adjustments within the Windows Control Panel, but if you can't get the
      repeat speed down to a rate you want, you may have to adjust the hardware
      side and then try the Control Panel option again.

      --
      Robert
      Thought for the day: One that would have the fruit must climb the tree.