Re: [NTB] An Improved Hyperlink Model - was Re:VRML misspelled

  • R.S.
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 1, 1998
      Hi Kay:

      >> Maybe we'll find them in NTP 5.0 ?

      > Text rather than the actual hyperlink
      > info sounds really nice but my guess is
      > it would have to wait for a GOLD
      > version.

      You're right. That's what I meant: the GOLD version. Thanks for correcting
      me.

      > While we're wishing, I'd still
      > like to be able to load another Outline
      > file, go to a specified Topic & then do
      > a find [altfile.otl:TopicName::find it
      > for me] AND NOT have the brackets
      > highlighted (just the text inside).

      That'd be cute.

      > By the way, hyperlinks work in other
      > file types but NTP only does the colors
      > in Outlines. [altfile.txt::find it for
      > me] works just as well from myfile.txt
      > as from myfile.otl but it's the same
      > color as the rest of the text in myfile
      > .txt

      And this is quite annoying! Hyperlinks should be colored in text files too.
      Why aren't they?

      Regards,

      RS

      ----
    • R.S.
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 2, 1998
        Hi Eric et al:

        >> Hyperlinks should be colored in text files too.
        >>Why aren't they?
        >
        >That's because square brackets are often used in normal text and have
        >nothing to do with NoteTab's hyperlinks. I felt highlighting them in
        >Outline documents was safe, but it's certainly not the case with other
        >types of documents.

        I'd like to have color hyperlinks in all types of documents, as they are in
        Outlines. Perhaps an option?

        Regards,

        RS

        ----