Re: [NTB] Locking up trying to view in browser

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2003
      Hi Victor,

      At 05:45 PM 5/30/03 -0000, you wrote:
      >I upgraded to the latest version of NoteTabPro, and have ended up
      >with a version that doesn't seem to want to run my browser when
      >editing Html files. I configured my tool bar to include both "View
      >in Browser" and "View in other browser" but each time I call up
      >NoteTabPro, open or begin editing an Html file, then viewing in
      >browser, using one of the buttons, or from the menu, NoteTabPro
      >locks up.

      I may not be able to help but go to the Options panel and look at the
      Internet Tab. Mine shows:

      Main Browser
      C:\Internet\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe

      Other Browser
      C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe

      What does yours say?

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Victor Chandler
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2003
        Hi Larry, yes, mine is about the same as yours, although the exe file name is the same. The path is correct. I have been using Notetab for well over two years, but upgraded etc. Not sure what the problem is. I know that when I put in a crazy executable in the blank, then run the program and select that option, it runs the program just fine. I think I have a problem with MS, but am still looking for the answer.

        Thanks for your recommendation,
        Vic

        Larry Thomas <larryt@...> wrote:

        Hi Victor,

        At 05:45 PM 5/30/03 -0000, you wrote:
        >I upgraded to the latest version of NoteTabPro, and have ended up
        >with a version that doesn't seem to want to run my browser when
        >editing Html files. I configured my tool bar to include both "View
        >in Browser" and "View in other browser" but each time I call up
        >NoteTabPro, open or begin editing an Html file, then viewing in
        >browser, using one of the buttons, or from the menu, NoteTabPro
        >locks up.

        I may not be able to help but go to the Options panel and look at the
        Internet Tab. Mine shows:

        Main Browser
        C:\Internet\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe

        Other Browser
        C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe

        What does yours say?

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2003
          Hi Victor and Larry,

          If you are running in Windows ME, please read Browsers.dat found
          in Help under the Index tab. In short, set UseDDE to equal a
          zero: UseDDE=0 in the Browsers.dat file. It is found in
          NoteTab's main folder under the [ie] section and possibly play
          with it for other browsers like [Mozilla] I think most of them
          use DDE..

          >Hi Larry, yes, mine is about the same as yours, although the exe
          >file name is the same. The path is correct. I have been using
          >Notetab for well over two years, but upgraded etc. Not sure what
          >the problem is. I know that when I put in a crazy executable in
          >the blank, then run the program and select that option, it runs
          >the program just fine. I think I have a problem with MS, but am
          >still looking for the answer.
          >
          >Thanks for your recommendation,
          >Vic
          >
          >Larry Thomas <larryt@...> wrote:
          >
          >Hi Victor,
          >
          >At 05:45 PM 5/30/03 -0000, you wrote:
          >> I upgraded to the latest version of NoteTabPro, and have ended
          >> up with a version that doesn't seem to want to run my browser
          >> when editing Html files. I configured my tool bar to include
          >> both "View in Browser" and "View in other browser" but each
          >> time I call up NoteTabPro, open or begin editing an Html file,
          >> then viewing in browser, using one of the buttons, or from the
          >> menu, NoteTabPro locks up.
          >
          >I may not be able to help but go to the Options panel and look at the
          >Internet Tab. Mine shows:
          >
          >Main Browser
          >C:\Internet\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe
          >
          >Other Browser
          >C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe

          Happy Tab'n,

        • Victor Chandler
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2003
            Sorry, I am running WindowsXP, but will looksee if this file even exists. Thanks Jody

            Vic

            Jody <av1611@...> wrote:
            Hi Victor and Larry,

            If you are running in Windows ME, please read Browsers.dat found
            in Help under the Index tab. In short, set UseDDE to equal a
            zero: UseDDE=0 in the Browsers.dat file. It is found in
            NoteTab's main folder under the [ie] section and possibly play
            with it for other browsers like [Mozilla] I think most of them
            use DDE..

            >Hi Larry, yes, mine is about the same as yours, although the exe
            >file name is the same. The path is correct. I have been using
            >Notetab for well over two years, but upgraded etc. Not sure what
            >the problem is. I know that when I put in a crazy executable in
            >the blank, then run the program and select that option, it runs
            >the program just fine. I think I have a problem with MS, but am
            >still looking for the answer.
            >
            >Thanks for your recommendation,
            >Vic
            >
            >Larry Thomas <larryt@...> wrote:
            >
            >Hi Victor,
            >
            >At 05:45 PM 5/30/03 -0000, you wrote:
            >> I upgraded to the latest version of NoteTabPro, and have ended
            >> up with a version that doesn't seem to want to run my browser
            >> when editing Html files. I configured my tool bar to include
            >> both "View in Browser" and "View in other browser" but each
            >> time I call up NoteTabPro, open or begin editing an Html file,
            >> then viewing in browser, using one of the buttons, or from the
            >> menu, NoteTabPro locks up.
            >
            >I may not be able to help but go to the Options panel and look at the
            >Internet Tab. Mine shows:
            >
            >Main Browser
            >C:\Internet\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe
            >
            >Other Browser
            >C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe

            Happy Tab'n,

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
              Hi Victor,

              Check your configuration under the Internet tab like Larry
              mentioned below. You might also try a new INI file, FWIW. I
              don't know of others having the problem. You might also try
              shutting down any other programs/utilities that are running in
              case there is a conflict.