Problem opening log files with NoteTab pro

  • Delaunay Christophe
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2003
      Hi listers,

      I am experiencing a strange problem whan I want to open a log file with
      NoteTab pro 4.95.

      Here is a short description of the scenario

      (1) I start an application which writes its traces into a log file called
      "out.txt".

      (2) After the application is initialized, I open "out.txt" into NoteTab to
      see what happens. The application is still running.

      (3) As the log file has a strange format, I must issue a "find & replace"
      command in order to get lines in a readable format. Until now, everything
      goes fine.

      (4) When I notice everything is correct in my log file, I switch back to my
      application and issue commands. As a result, the traces of these commands
      are appended to the log file.

      (5) Back to NoteTab, I hear the "Question" Windows sound, which means that a
      dialog box asking me a question was opened but this dialog box is not
      visible. All I can see on the screen is the NoteTab application window.

      So I assume that this hidden dialog box is opened by NoteTab in order to ask
      me if I want to reload "out.txt" but where is it hidden?

      How can I bring this dialog box onscreen so I have a chance to answer it ?

      Many thanks in advance. Have a nice day. Chris