Re: [NTB] Mass search and replace

  • Randy
    Message 1 of 10 , May 12, 2003
      Hi People,
      My name is Randy B. This is my first message to this email list, so maybe I
      should introduce myself. I've been using NoteTab Pro and lite for a few
      years on the occasions I'm writing html or something. I'm a carpet layer
      geek, not a computer geek, though I'm again trying to learn some more stuff.
      So, I've got a couple questions for anyone that can help. I will appreciate
      any help greatly.
      First, what is Waynes's NoteAwk4.25?
      And, in this second question I'm just taking a shot. Let's say you have an
      html document full of capitalized tags. To change them all to lower case I
      know you can "search and replace" each type of tag, but is there a way to
      transform all uppercase characters in html tags to lowercase all at once or
      something? I guess that would be tough, but I've seen some amazing stuff
      lately and I figured I'd ask. I like NoteTab so I wanted to eventually
      introduce myself anyway.
      Randy B.

      Message 2 of 10 , May 13, 2003
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don Daugherty" <daugherty@e...>
        wrote:

        > By hand, use Ctrl+R to open the Find and Replace dialog box. For
        the "Find what" entry use "ADD_Date...............................
        (45 of these periods)" (without the quotes of course); for the
        Replace with enter nothing. Check Regular Exp. Click Replace All to
        execute.

        > In clip language use
        > ^!Replace "ADD_Date............................... (45 of these
        periods)" >> "" RAS (here the quotes ARE used.)

        Hi,

        I will just add that using the ^!Replace command in a clip, there is
        a way to avoid typing out 45 dots <g>

        ^!Replace "ADD_Date^$StrFill(".";45)$" >> "" RAS
        or (next is case insensitive version)
        ^!Replace "ADD_Date^$StrFill(".";45)$" >> "" RASI

        > To pursue the clip possibility in more detail, you'd want to move
        > the matter to the Clips list, where Regular Expressions and Clips
        > are the in-thing.

        Ditto.

        Regards,
        Sheri
        Message 3 of 10 , May 13, 2003
          Hi Randy,

          >This is my first message to this email list, so maybe I should
          >introduce myself.

          Welcome to the list! :)

          >First, what is Waynes's NoteAwk4.25?

          It is a Clipbook Library to be used with GAWK. (Read Help |
          NoteTab Glossary | GAWK for more information.)

          http://landru.myhome.net/wayne/
          http://landru.myhome.net/wayne/notetab.html

          Please discuss GAWK further on the NoteTab Scripts list.

          If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do not
          post questions about Clips and other scripting languages on the
          Basic list. More difficult tasks should be posted on the Clips
          or Scripts lists. HTML should be posted on the HTML list and Off
          Topic discussion takes place on that list. In short, please leave
          the Basic list for the very basic use of NoteTab. Thanks!!!

          >...is there a way to transform all uppercase characters in html
          >tags to lowercase all at once or something? I guess that would
          >be tough, but I've seen some amazing stuff lately and I figured
          >I'd ask.

          Hang around for awhile and check out some of the other lists as
          well. You can set you yahoogroups mail options for "nomail" so
          that you can read it on the web and not get a lot of messages to
          download. You can also use the digest mode which gives you a
          daily message with all the messages in it. (That may vary
          depending on how much posting is going on.)

          Happy Script'n!
          Jody Adair

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          mailto:ntb-Scripts-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        • Jan Rosenstreich
          Message 4 of 10 , May 13, 2003
            On Mon, 12 May 2003 19:13:42 -0700, you wrote:

            >And, in this second question I'm just taking a shot. Let's say you have an
            >html document full of capitalized tags. To change them all to lower case I
            >know you can "search and replace" each type of tag, but is there a way to
            >transform all uppercase characters in html tags to lowercase all at once or
            >something?

            This is easy with Notetab.

            Modify | Change HTML Tags -> To Lower Case

            As a new user, go through the menu items and you'll be surprised at what
            it can do.

            Jan
            --
            Jan Rosenstreich
            Independent Distributor #130-646

              Message 6 of 10 , May 14, 2003
                Hi All,

                I realize this is the end of the thread and after the fact, but
                please do not do any Clips on the Basic list at all no matter how
                short and trivial you might think they are. There are a few
                good reasons for that in which I'm not going to get into, but
                please do post Clips and more difficult questions/answers
                somewhere than the Basic list. TIA!!! :)

                If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do not
                post questions about Clips and other scripting languages on the
                Basic list. More difficult tasks should be posted on the Clips
                or Scripts lists. HTML should be posted on the HTML list and Off
                Topic discussion takes place on that list. In short, please leave
                the Basic list for the very basic use of NoteTab. Thanks!!!

                >Thanks Sheri, I just knew there had to be a better way of specifying 45 periods!
                > I will just add that using the ^!Replace command in a clip, there is
                > a way to avoid typing out 45 dots <g>

                Happy Tab'n,