Second Document Grayed Out (again)

  • Nick Noakes
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2003
      Just been checking this with different file types and found out the "Second
      Window" option under "Document" is not grayed out with .bak files but is
      for .txt, .htm, etc.

      Nick

      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2003
        Hi Nick,

        >Just been checking this with different file types and found out
        >the "Second Window" option under "Document" is not grayed out
        >with .bak files but is for .txt, .htm, etc.

        It might just be that you only have one document open, so there
        is nothing NoteTab can do in reference to that feature. Features
        are always dimmed, grayed out when the feature cannot be
        performed. For instance, only have one new document open.
        Notice a lot of icons and menu items are dulled. Type a letter
        in, then you will see Save become able or not dim anymore.
        Select the letter and you will see Copy, Cut, and others become
        usable.

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Nick Noakes
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2003
          At 03:40 PM 5/8/2003 +0000, you wrote:
          >Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 23:14:39 -0500
          >From: Jody <av1611@...>
          >Subject: Re: Second Document Grayed Out (again)
          >
          >Hi Nick,
          >
          > >Just been checking this with different file types and found out
          > >the "Second Window" option under "Document" is not grayed out
          > >with .bak files but is for .txt, .htm, etc.
          >
          >It might just be that you only have one document open, so there
          >is nothing NoteTab can do in reference to that feature.
          >
          >Happy Tab'n,
          >Jody Adair

          Thanks Jody. Having 2 different documents open does the trick but I don't
          really understand the logic of having to have 2 docs open if all I want to
          do is repeat an instance of the same document. But it works so thanks.

          Email: nick.noakes@...