Re: [NTB] NoteTab lite--how to open 2nd instance for side by side editing?

  • Warner
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2003
      Hi
      What happens when you use the clip:

      H="Edit in 2nd Window"
      ;Get Name of current document
      ^!Set %oldfilename%=^$GetDocName$
      ;Extract path info
      ^!Set %path%=^$Getpath(^%oldfilename%)$
      ;extract filename without path info
      ^!Set %filename%=^$GetFileName(^%oldfilename%)$
      ;Text to insert in old file name
      ^!Set %copy%="Original Copy of "
      ;Build new file name for the original copy
      ^!Set %newfilename%=^%path%
      ^!Append %newfilename%= ^%copy%
      ^!Append %newfilename%= ^%filename%
      ^!Save AS ^%newfilename%
      ;Make original copy read only
      ^!Keyboard Alt+D O
      ;Copy all text from file 1 in window 1
      ^!Toolbar Copy All
      ;Create file 2 and paste file 1 data to it
      ^!Toolbar Paste New
      ;Open second window with file 2 open in it
      ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+W
      ;Move cursor to top of file
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Home
      ;Save the new document to the old document name
      ^!Save AS ^%oldfilename%
      ;Delete the "Original Copy of "reference copy from the hard
      drive
      ^!DeleteFile ^%newfilename%

      ??
      Warner

      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2003
        You can go to the menu and click on "Document", then "Second Window"
        -- or --
        type CTRL + SHFT + W

        If you want to see the SAME file in two panes, then click on "View" and
        "Options...".
        Click on the "General" tab and put a check in the box that says "Allow
        Multiple Instances".

        Hope this helps...