Re: [NTB] Note Tab Lite and Perl script

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2003
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:

      > Go to the menu bar and select View/Line Numbers. Actually, if this
      > works, then all of your open documents show line numbers in the
      > gutter area.

      Hi Larry,

      That's a Pro-only feature. Light is great and does all the basics,
      but Pro has many nice improvements. Another is the abiltity to
      display non-printing characters.

      Some differences between Light/Standard and Pro stem from or are
      compounded by the use of different "input controls". Light and
      Standard both use Microsoft's Riched32.dll while Pro uses a modified
      version of the TurboPower's Orpheus (per the help file). For example,
      the Orpheus control cannot display variable-width fonts.

      The Numlines Perl script in the SampleCode library actually alters
      the document by inserting line numbers. You must undo or reload to
      remove them.

      Perl scripts should work in Light/Standard and Pro.

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2003
        Larry, Peter:

        The num-lines I was speaking of is the Perl script provided in the samples.
        It actually inserts numbers in the text as opposed to the "View/Line
        numbers" which puts them in the gutter as you said.

        I was asking Peter if he'd got it working just as step he might want to try
        towards getting his own Perl scripts.

        btw Peter: - you might want to check out PerlReplDialog.zip on the Notetab
        clips list posted by Sheri on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/

        " Clips and scripts for processing Perl Regexp Search and Replace functions
        on an open document in Notetab. Dialog uses Perl/Tk. "

        if you haven't already.

        Regards ... Alec

        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2003
          Hi Alec,

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Alec Burgess" <burale@a...> wrote:
          > The num-lines I was speaking of is the Perl script provided in the
          samples.
          > It actually inserts numbers in the text as opposed to the "View/Line
          > numbers" which puts them in the gutter as you said.
          >
          > I was asking Peter if he'd got it working just as step he might want
          to try
          > towards getting his own Perl scripts.

          I did get it working, but can't remember how I did it. I think it was
          more of a fluke, than anything else <g>

          > btw Peter: - you might want to check out PerlReplDialog.zip on the
          Notetab
          > clips list posted by Sheri on
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/

          Thanks, I will check that out. Thanks to Larry and Sheri for their
          replies. BTW, I'm also subscribed to the "ntb-clips" list, and get the
          daily digest, but for _this_ list (notetab) haven't got a daily digets
          since Saturday. I checked my group settings and it's set okay. Anyone
          else notice this ??

          Thanks,

          Peter
          Message 4 of 8 , May 7, 2003
            Hi All,

            Can you please stop sending the posts on this thread to the
            NoteTab Basic list and keep them coming on the Clips list?
            Thanks! They could have been posted to the Scripts list,
            but since they are already going to the Clips list, I'd leave
            them there. TIA

            My Internet connection has been down for awhile, so no telling
            when this will actually be posted.

            Happy Clip'n!

            http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          • Peter Richards
            Message 5 of 8 , May 8, 2003
              Jody,

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
              > Can you please stop sending the posts on this thread to the
              > NoteTab Basic list and keep them coming on the Clips list?

              There have been no posts since mine on Tuesday; the issue is resolved.
              Whether it be 'yahoo groups', web discussion forums, or newsgroups
              (usenet), I find that, for a "new comer to a product", people have
              quickly forgotten that they were once new comers and were facing the
              question "where do I post this question". This is especially true of
              moderators, who see the opportunity to flex their muscles.

              At the time of posting, I was using NoteTab Lite, so I posted in the
              notetab list, I had no idea the issue at hand was anything to do with
              clips or scripts. Please be a little bit more considerate and patient
              with ignornant people like me !! :)

              I'm still evaluating the product of course.

              Thanks,

              Peter