Re: [NTB] Note Tab Lite and Perl script

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2003
      Hi Peter,

      At 05:11 AM 5/5/03 -0000, you wrote:
      >Hi Alec,
      >
      >Because I'm no expert driver at present, and the overall "focus" and
      >scope of libraries and clipbooks and windows is confusing me at
      >present, I did try the Numlines, opened and closed a few different
      >'views' and probably more by chance than anything else, it seems to
      >work okay. The library SampleCode.clb is now showing with line
      >numbers. But I can't remember how I did it, sorry !! :)
      >
      >Peter

      Go to the menu bar and select View/Line Numbers. Actually, if this works,
      then all of your open documents show line numbers in the gutter area.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2003
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:

        > Go to the menu bar and select View/Line Numbers. Actually, if this
        > works, then all of your open documents show line numbers in the
        > gutter area.

        Hi Larry,

        That's a Pro-only feature. Light is great and does all the basics,
        but Pro has many nice improvements. Another is the abiltity to
        display non-printing characters.

        Some differences between Light/Standard and Pro stem from or are
        compounded by the use of different "input controls". Light and
        Standard both use Microsoft's Riched32.dll while Pro uses a modified
        version of the TurboPower's Orpheus (per the help file). For example,
        the Orpheus control cannot display variable-width fonts.

        The Numlines Perl script in the SampleCode library actually alters
        the document by inserting line numbers. You must undo or reload to
        remove them.

        Perl scripts should work in Light/Standard and Pro.

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2003
          Larry, Peter:

          The num-lines I was speaking of is the Perl script provided in the samples.
          It actually inserts numbers in the text as opposed to the "View/Line
          numbers" which puts them in the gutter as you said.

          I was asking Peter if he'd got it working just as step he might want to try
          towards getting his own Perl scripts.

          btw Peter: - you might want to check out PerlReplDialog.zip on the Notetab
          clips list posted by Sheri on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/

          " Clips and scripts for processing Perl Regexp Search and Replace functions
          on an open document in Notetab. Dialog uses Perl/Tk. "

          if you haven't already.

          Regards ... Alec

          >> Because I'm no expert driver at present, and the overall
          >> "focus" and
          >> scope of libraries and clipbooks and windows is
          >> confusing me at
          >> present, I did try the Numlines, opened and closed a few
          >> different 'views' and probably more by chance than
          >> anything else, it seems to
          >> work okay. The library SampleCode.clb is now showing
          >> with line
          >> numbers. But I can't remember how I did it, sorry !! :)
          >>
          >> Peter
          >
          > Go to the menu bar and select View/Line Numbers.
          > Actually, if this works,
          > then all of your open documents show line numbers in the
          > gutter area.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Larry
          > larryt@...

        • Peter Richards
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2003
            Hi Alec,

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Alec Burgess" <burale@a...> wrote:
            > The num-lines I was speaking of is the Perl script provided in the
            samples.
            > It actually inserts numbers in the text as opposed to the "View/Line
            > numbers" which puts them in the gutter as you said.
            >
            > I was asking Peter if he'd got it working just as step he might want
            to try
            > towards getting his own Perl scripts.

            I did get it working, but can't remember how I did it. I think it was
            more of a fluke, than anything else <g>

            > btw Peter: - you might want to check out PerlReplDialog.zip on the
            Notetab
            > clips list posted by Sheri on
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/

            Thanks, I will check that out. Thanks to Larry and Sheri for their
            replies. BTW, I'm also subscribed to the "ntb-clips" list, and get the
            daily digest, but for _this_ list (notetab) haven't got a daily digets
            since Saturday. I checked my group settings and it's set okay. Anyone
            else notice this ??

            Thanks,

            Peter
            Message 5 of 8 , May 7, 2003
              Hi All,

              Can you please stop sending the posts on this thread to the
              NoteTab Basic list and keep them coming on the Clips list?
              Thanks! They could have been posted to the Scripts list,
              but since they are already going to the Clips list, I'd leave
              them there. TIA

              My Internet connection has been down for awhile, so no telling
              when this will actually be posted.

              Happy Clip'n!

              http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            • Peter Richards
              Message 6 of 8 , May 8, 2003
                Jody,

                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
                > Can you please stop sending the posts on this thread to the
                > NoteTab Basic list and keep them coming on the Clips list?

                There have been no posts since mine on Tuesday; the issue is resolved.
                Whether it be 'yahoo groups', web discussion forums, or newsgroups
                (usenet), I find that, for a "new comer to a product", people have
                quickly forgotten that they were once new comers and were facing the
                question "where do I post this question". This is especially true of
                moderators, who see the opportunity to flex their muscles.

                At the time of posting, I was using NoteTab Lite, so I posted in the
                notetab list, I had no idea the issue at hand was anything to do with
                clips or scripts. Please be a little bit more considerate and patient
                with ignornant people like me !! :)

                I'm still evaluating the product of course.

                Thanks,

                Peter