Re: [NTB] another "replace" question..........

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3 5:47 PM
      Hi mcmaier

      At 06:21 PM 5/3/03 -0700, you wrote:
      >How do I get rid of the old "What to Find" and "Replace With" lists? Delete
      >does not remove them. Thanks much................mm

      First of all, this is a waste of time. There is no reason you need to
      clear this list. This list is limited to the last twenty items you enter
      into it. If you keep entering more items, the list gets pushed down to
      twenty-one and the twenty-first item is dropped off the list. If it really
      bothers you and you are a real neatnic, you can open the file in NoteTab's
      home folder called "Notepro.ini"

      About 80% to 85% of the way down you will find a section that looks
      something like mine below:

      [ReplaceDialog]
      SearchListCount=15
      SearchList_1="^P"
      SearchList_2="com"
      SearchList_3="^p^pH="
      SearchList_4="and"
      SearchList_5="Replace"
      SearchList_6="program"
      SearchList_7="with"
      SearchList_8="side"
      SearchList_9="<p>H=""
      SearchList_10="<p>^pH=""
      SearchList_11="<p>^pH="
      SearchList_12="<p>*pH="
      SearchList_13="<p>*pH=""
      SearchList_14="^^P"
      SearchList_15="P"
      ReplaceListCount=15
      ReplaceList_1="^%NL%"
      ReplaceList_2="but"
      ReplaceList_3="<p><FONT SIZE=5>"
      ReplaceList_4="^P"
      ReplaceList_5="^^P"
      ReplaceList_6="&\s"
      ReplaceList_7="^%"
      ReplaceList_8="C:\DATABASE\Mail\E-mail Prep\Charles Prineas"
      ReplaceList_9="^"
      ReplaceList_10="NoName02"
      ReplaceList_11=""\"
      ReplaceList_12=""^p""
      ReplaceList_13="RLLLastLine"
      ReplaceList_14="LBLastLine"
      ReplaceList_15="LBLoop"

      You can only delete down to one entry. The NoteTab system will not allow
      you to totally delete everything. First change the cound in
      SearchListCount=15 to SearchListCount=1
      and ReplaceListCount=15 to ReplaceListCount=1. Then delete all of the
      items under each of these count items except one and change the count index
      on the one you want to keep to 1. Example: I decide that I will keep
      SearchList_3="^p^pH=" so I change it to SearchList_1="^p^pH=" and delete
      all of the other SearchList items. I decide to keep
      ReplaceList_13="RLLLastLine" so I change it to ReplaceList_1="RLLLastLine"
      and delete the rest of the ReplaceList items.

      Now: AND this is VERY IMPORTANT. You must rename Notepro.ini to
      !Notepro.ini (That is right, the new name is the same as the old name
      except that it has and exclamation point in front of it). Now shut NoteTab
      down and restart it and all of the items will show up as deleted except one
      for each that I kept.

      You must rename the ini file to !Notepro.ini because NoteTab will overwrite
      all of your nice hard work that you just did manually with the current
      settings and you will lose it. When you do the rename, NoteTab will not
      overwrite that file and when it restarts it normally looks to see if there
      is a file called !Notepro.ini and gets its settings from that and deletes
      that file and then writes them to Notepro.ini when it shuts down the next
      time. If it does not find !Notepro.ini, then it looks for Notepro.ini and
      loads its settings from that and if it does not find ANY ini file, it
      resets itself to the default and comes up just as if you were running the
      program for the first time splash screen Tip of the day and the whole thing
      and creates the ini file when you shut it down.

      You see why I say it is just not worth while? I hope that Eric will
      provide an easier way to do this in version 5.0.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3 5:47 PM
        mcmaier wrote:

        >How do I get rid of the old "What to Find" and "Replace With" lists? Delete
        >does not remove them. Thanks much................mm

        mcmaier,

        That would require a sophisticated clip. Without a real need to clear
        the lists you are probably better off forgetting that. I think there
        are 15 entries on each side, Find/Replace. The oldest entries are
        forced off the list as new entries are used.

        hrs
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3 5:58 PM
          hsavage wrote:

          >mcmaier wrote:
          >

          >>How do I get rid of the old "What to Find" and "Replace With" lists? Delete
          >>does not remove them. Thanks much................mm
          >>

          >mcmaier,
          >
          >That would require a sophisticated clip. Without a real need to clear
          >the lists you are probably better off forgetting that. I think there
          >are 15 entries on each side, Find/Replace. The oldest entries are
          >forced off the list as new entries are used.
          >
          >hrs

          mcmaier,

          Just thought I'd mentioned it, it seems your system clock is about an
          hour faster than the rest of us. That screws up sorting by received
          time and date.

          hrs
        • mcmaier
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3 6:21 PM