Note Tab Lite and Perl script

  • Peter Richards
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2003
      Hi,

      I have just installed Note Tab Lite, so I'm a newbie to all this;
      please excuse my ignorance.

      I have a Perl script that I want to modify with NTL, that's not a
      problem (finally I've found an editor that doesn't put carriage
      returns at the end of any modified lines). I have installed Perl on my
      computer and checked that the file NOTETAB.INI points to the perl
      .exe, the line is:

      PerlExe=I:\Perl\bin\perl.exe

      which is correct. I copied the Perl script into a Clipbook called
      Process, and then created a Clipbook script, called 'Process-test' as
      follows:

      H="Perl script"
      ;Check if a Perl interpreter has been setup. If not, jump to the label
      NoPerl
      ^!IfFileExist ^$GetPerlExe$ Next ELSE NoPerl
      ;Delete the file "StdError.err" from the NoteTab program directory, if
      it exists
      ^!DeleteFile ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err
      ;Execute the Perl interpreter with the script contained in the Clip
      labeled "NumLines"
      ^!RunPerl Process
      ;If the interpreter generated error messages, load them from the file
      "StdError.err"
      ^!IfFileExist ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err Next ELSE End
      ^!Open ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err
      ^!Prompt Perl has reported some errors!
      ^!GoTo End
      :NoPerl
      ^!Prompt Cannot execute this Clip without a Perl interpreter!

      when I right-click on the 'Process_test' and 'execute command, all I
      hear is the PC speaker, as if an error. I thought a windows would open
      r similar, and the perl script at least checked for syntax errors.

      What am I doing wrong ??

      Peter