Re: [NTB] error message

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2003
      Ed Brown wrote:

      >I open a page from C:\Program FilesNoteTab
      >Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html and make some changes in the HTML and
      >try to save it back. Instead I get this message:Cannot create a file
      >C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html
      >Pro/projects/genealogy/brown1ab.html. What is happening here. I opened the
      >file from that place and all I want to do is save it back over the old page.
      >It has been working. What am I doing wrong here. Thanks.
      >Ed

      Hi Ed,

      In your example you omited the backslash after \Program Files\. Is that
      just a typo in the email.

      C:\Program FilesNoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html

      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html

      hrs
    • Ed Brown
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2003
        At my age Jody, I will do my best to remember that, but if I get excited I
        may for get to remove it. This program POPFile is a gem but it does do
        something's that annoys list people, however I will stop replying if I
        forget again, I had just as soon lurk and learn anyhow. Sorry to have upset
        the old apple cart but perhaps we can get it righted
        Ed
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2003
          Hi Ed,

          Since you did not add to this post what I said, I already forgot
          about it and that is fine with me. ;-) I only have a few pet
          peeves, so other than those, I consider myself a fairly OK list
          owner/moderator and easy to get a long with. Some people think
          at times that I am arguing with them or complaining, but that is
          definitely not so and in most the cases - it's just that I didn't
          get my point across the way I meant to.

          I try to find the middle ground that pleases the most of the
          people; we will always have differences, cry babies, the
          argumentive types with us. I for one am glad that we have the
          minimal "undesirables" <bg> on these lists. It takes two to
          tango as they say. :) Anyhow, no offence taken at all.

          Our CD-ROMs have many extras on them; check it out sometime at:

          Order Fookes Software through me on CD...
          http://www.notetab.net/order
          Ordering Information: Price, CD build type...
          http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm
          Programs, Utilities, Helps, Clip Tutorial...
          http://www.notetab.net/html/onthiscd.htm

          Discussion Mailing Lists

          >At my age Jody, I will do my best to remember that, but if I get
          >excited I may for get to remove it. This program POPFile is a
          >gem but it does do something's that annoys list people, however I
          >will stop replying if I forget again, I had just as soon lurk and
          >learn anyhow. Sorry to have upset the old apple cart but perhaps
          >we can get it righted
          >Ed

          Happy Tab'n,