[NTB] error message

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1 5:39 PM
      I open a page from C:\Program FilesNoteTab
      Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html and make some changes in the HTML and
      try to save it back. Instead I get this message:Cannot create a file
      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html
      Pro/projects/genealogy/brown1ab.html. What is happening here. I opened the
      file from that place and all I want to do is save it back over the old page.
      It has been working. What am I doing wrong here. Thanks.
      Ed
    • Pat
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1 6:12 PM
        At 5/1/2003, you wrote:
        >I open a page from C:\Program FilesNoteTab
        >Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html and make some changes in the HTML and
        >try to save it back. Instead I get this message:Cannot create a file
        >C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html
        >Pro/projects/genealogy/brown1ab.html. What is happening here. I opened the
        >file from that place and all I want to do is save it back over the old page.
        >It has been working. What am I doing wrong here. Thanks.
        >Ed

        1 idea : You might check the properties of that original file. see if it write protected.

        pat
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1 6:21 PM
          Ed Brown wrote:

          >I open a page from C:\Program FilesNoteTab
          >Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html and make some changes in the HTML and
          >try to save it back. Instead I get this message:Cannot create a file
          >C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html
          >Pro/projects/genealogy/brown1ab.html. What is happening here. I opened the
          >file from that place and all I want to do is save it back over the old page.
          >It has been working. What am I doing wrong here. Thanks.
          >Ed

          Hi Ed,

          In your example you omited the backslash after \Program Files\. Is that
          just a typo in the email.

          C:\Program FilesNoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html

          C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html

          hrs
        • Ed Brown
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2 7:09 PM
            At my age Jody, I will do my best to remember that, but if I get excited I
            may for get to remove it. This program POPFile is a gem but it does do
            something's that annoys list people, however I will stop replying if I
            forget again, I had just as soon lurk and learn anyhow. Sorry to have upset
            the old apple cart but perhaps we can get it righted
            Ed
            Message 5 of 7 , May 3 11:28 AM
              Hi Ed,

              Since you did not add to this post what I said, I already forgot
              about it and that is fine with me. ;-) I only have a few pet
              peeves, so other than those, I consider myself a fairly OK list
              owner/moderator and easy to get a long with. Some people think
              at times that I am arguing with them or complaining, but that is
              definitely not so and in most the cases - it's just that I didn't
              get my point across the way I meant to.

              I try to find the middle ground that pleases the most of the
              people; we will always have differences, cry babies, the
              argumentive types with us. I for one am glad that we have the
              minimal "undesirables" <bg> on these lists. It takes two to
              tango as they say. :) Anyhow, no offence taken at all.

              Our CD-ROMs have many extras on them; check it out sometime at:

              Order Fookes Software through me on CD...
              http://www.notetab.net/order
              Ordering Information: Price, CD build type...
              http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm
              Programs, Utilities, Helps, Clip Tutorial...
              http://www.notetab.net/html/onthiscd.htm

              Discussion Mailing Lists

              >At my age Jody, I will do my best to remember that, but if I get
              >excited I may for get to remove it. This program POPFile is a
              >gem but it does do something's that annoys list people, however I
              >will stop replying if I forget again, I had just as soon lurk and
              >learn anyhow. Sorry to have upset the old apple cart but perhaps
              >we can get it righted
              >Ed

              Happy Tab'n,