Re: [NTB]Tidy Reports (was re: Tidying HTML)

  • anthonywatkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2003
      Thanks for your reply John. I haven't done a lot with clips yet. Is
      this pretty straightforward to implement?

      Tony

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Hopkins" <ironmike@i...> wrote:

      > From: "anthonywatkins" <groups@t...>
      >
      > > Whenever I run tidy, I always get one particular error - even after
      > > sorting everything out and running it through the W3C
      > > validator. This is the error report on a clean page:
      > >
      > > Tidy (vers 30th April 2000) Parsing console input (stdin)
      > ==>This says Tidy (the version released on April 30, 2000) is
      reading (parsing) your file through its standard input mechanism:
      > "stdin".
      >
      > > "stdin" appears to be HTML 4.01 Transitional
      > ==>This says Tidy is checking the input in "stdin" using the
      rules for the HTML Transitional 4.01 Document Type Data as
      > established by the W3C. Tidy could use rules for HTML 3.2, 4.0,
      xhtml, etc. if you had something else selected in the configuration
      > file.
      >
      > > no warnings or errors were found
      > ==>This says "NO WARNINGS OR ERRORS WERE FOUND" which means just
      that: you did good, there are no errors, no warnings, the page
      > passses muster with Tidy.
      >
      > Without this kind of positive report you wouldn't know if Tidy had
      finished its work or just stalled.