Re: [NTB] New - Notetab Light

  • Imango
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26 9:00 AM
      Does that mean I save tidy.exe in the c'programfiles\notetab light folder?

      At 4/26/03 09:32 AM, Larry Thomas wrote:

      >Hi Imagio,
      >
      >At 02:39 AM 4/26/03 -0400, you wrote:
      > >I just downloaded and installed Notetab Light. I am a new user.
      > >
      > >The first thing I wanted to do was tidy some HTML code so I used that
      > >command in the Tools menu; however, it came up with a message that it could
      > >not find the file, "tidy.exe". I installed this program twice and got the
      > >same results.
      > >
      > >Any idea what could be wrong?
      >
      >Read this carefully and see if you can find anything wrong with your setup
      >in it.
      >
      >HTML Tidy
      >

      >NoteTab supports HTML Tidy - a free utility that cleans HTML code and fixes
      >errors. Once it is installed, you can invoke it through the "Tools|Tidy
      >HTML Code" menu command. HTML Tidy accepts a variety of switches to control
      >the way it processes HTML tags. NoteTab will try to determine the best
      >switches based on the active document type and the HTML Tag option
      >settings. If you want more control over the settings, you can create a
      >configuration file for Tidy, which you should save in the NoteTab folder
      >with the name Tidy.cfg (see the HTML Tidy instructions for details). You
      >can learn more about HTML Tidy and download the latest version by visiting
      >the following Web page:
      >
      ><http://tidy.sourceforge.net/>http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
      >

      >The easiest setup is to copy the Tidy program to the NoteTab folder (rename
      >the file to Tidy.exe if necessary), but you may place it anywhere else if
      >you prefer.
      >===================
      >
      >Regards,
      >
      >Larry
      >larryt@...
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Imango
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26 9:28 AM
        At 4/26/03 09:32 AM, Larry Thomas wrote:
        ><http://tidy.sourceforge.net/>http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

        Thank you. Now, I cannot find a downloadable file on the site. Can you
        help, please.
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26 10:38 AM
          Hi Imagio,

          At 12:28 PM 4/26/03 -0400, you wrote:
          >At 4/26/03 09:32 AM, Larry Thomas wrote:
          >><http://tidy.sourceforge.net/>http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
          >

          >Thank you. Now, I cannot find a downloadable file on the site. Can you
          >help, please.

          I am not very familiar with html and I have never used Tidy or installed it
          on my computer. I went ahead and gave it the beginners try and here is
          what I found out.

          I went to the site. http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

          Boy! There is a lot of stuff there and I don't understand most of it. I
          can see why you gave up. I am sort of vision impaired but I moved up to 4
          inches of my screen and scrolled down the pare looking for something that I
          could doonload. About three quarters of the way down the page I found:

          Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
          Charlie Reitzel

          I clicked on Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP and it downloaded a file called
          Tidy.zip and in that file was a file called Tidy.exe which I extracted to
          my NoteTab folder. When I tried to run it from NoteTab it came right up
          for me, The direct link for this is
          http://tidy.sourceforge.net/other/tidy.zip.

          Then I went back to the main page and clicked on Charlie Reitzel and it
          took me to http://users.rcn.com/creitzel/tidy.html.

          On that page I found "Download Tidy UI" and I downloaded a file called
          Tidyui.zip. I opened it and installed it in its own folder and ran it and
          it works fine. It has its own User Interface and really seems to be a
          useful program when I learn how to use it. It does not have a help file.
          When you try to get help, it opwns your browser and sends you to a web page
          which contains help material.

          The direct link to this file is http://users.rcn.com/creitzel/tidy/tidyui.zip.

          I hope that this information helps you.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
        • rainmarkAttNet
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26 10:39 AM
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26 11:15 AM
              Okay, thank you. I just downloaded it and clicked on it and a black DOS
              window opened up with a flashing cursor. Nothing else happened. It did
              not install. Did I do something wrong?

              At 4/26/03 01:39 PM, rainmarkAttNet wrote:

> [...]
            • Imango
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 26 11:18 AM
                At 4/26/03 01:38 PM, Larry Thomas wrote:
                ><http://tidy.sourceforge.net/other/tidy.zip>http://tidy.sourceforge.net/other/tidy.zip

                Okay, I think I see what I did wrong. When I unzip it it is just an exe
                file so I simply extracted it into the Notetab Light folder and then it worked.

                Gosh, you should see all the errors it found when I tried to tidy my HTML,
                some I don't even understand!!!