COPYING, DOWNLOADING AND SAVING WEB PAGES

  • kgriffiths2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2003
      I'm a new subscriber - please excuse me if the answer to this question is
      well known.

      When I come across web pages of interest, I like to right click, select all,
      copy, and paste into MS Word which preserves all the web pages formatting.

      Can I do the same with NoteTab?
      ~~
      Keith Griffiths
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 12, 2003
        Hi Keith,

        The answer to your question is no. NoteTab is a text editor, it strips out all formatting which is a feature many of us treasure. If you are using a recent version of the Microsoft Internet Explorer to surf the internet with, you might try the IE menu command of FILE/SAVE AS/ and then for the "Save as Type" option choose web page complete. That saves a copy of the web page to your computer which you can view offline.

        John

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kgriffiths2000" <kgriffiths2000@b...> wrote:
        > I'm a new subscriber - please excuse me if the answer to this question is
        > well known.
        >
        > When I come across web pages of interest, I like to right click, select all,
        > copy, and paste into MS Word which preserves all the web pages formatting.
        >
        > Can I do the same with NoteTab?
        > ~~
        > Keith Griffiths
      • Lee
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 12, 2003
          Actually, it does work in Internet Explorer. Just right-click, select "View
          Source" and it will open, completely formatted, in NoteTab. At least it
          works in NoteTabPro.

          Lee

          At 4/12/03 12:55 PM +0000, John Zeman wrote:
          >Hi Keith,
          >
          >The answer to your question is no. NoteTab is a text editor, it strips
          >out all formatting which is a feature many of us treasure. If you are
          >using a recent version of the Microsoft Internet Explorer to surf the
          >internet with, you might try the IE menu command of FILE/SAVE AS/ and then
          >for the "Save as Type" option choose web page complete. That saves a copy
          >of the web page to your computer which you can view offline.
          >
          >John
          >

          >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kgriffiths2000" <kgriffiths2000@b...> wrote:
          > > I'm a new subscriber - please excuse me if the answer to this question is
          > > well known.
          > >
          > > When I come across web pages of interest, I like to right click, select
          > all,
          > > copy, and paste into MS Word which preserves all the web pages formatting.
          > >
          > > Can I do the same with NoteTab?
          > > ~~
          > > Keith Griffiths

        • David
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2003
            Hi lee
            If you are viewing source you are seeing page only ,so if you then save it
            and close and reopen it off the web you will miss any formatting and
            images. When you save as in explorer you get everything.

            THANKYOU DAVE
            > Actually, it does work in Internet Explorer. Just right-click, select
            "View
            > Source" and it will open, completely formatted, in NoteTab. At least it
            > works in NoteTabPro.
            >
            > Lee
            >

            > At 4/12/03 12:55 PM +0000, John Zeman wrote:
            > >Hi Keith,
            > >
            > >The answer to your question is no. NoteTab is a text editor, it strips
            > >out all formatting which is a feature many of us treasure. If you are
            > >using a recent version of the Microsoft Internet Explorer to surf the
            > >internet with, you might try the IE menu command of FILE/SAVE AS/ and
            then
            > >for the "Save as Type" option choose web page complete. That saves a
            copy
            > >of the web page to your computer which you can view offline.
            > >
            > >John
            > >

            > >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kgriffiths2000" <kgriffiths2000@b...>
            wrote:
            > > > I'm a new subscriber - please excuse me if the answer to this question
            is
            > > > well known.
            > > >
            > > > When I come across web pages of interest, I like to right click,
            select
            > > all,
            > > > copy, and paste into MS Word which preserves all the web pages
            formatting.

            > > > Can I do the same with NoteTab?
            > > > ~~
            > > > Keith Griffiths

          • kgriffiths2000
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 13, 2003
              John. I'm grateful. Thanks. Keith

              > The answer to your question is no. NoteTab is a text editor, it strips
              out all formatting which is a feature many of us treasure. If you are using
              a recent version of the Microsoft Internet Explorer to surf the internet
              with, you might try the IE menu command of FILE/SAVE AS/ and then for the
              "Save as Type" option choose web page complete. That saves a copy of the
              web page to your computer which you can view offline.

              > John
              >

              > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kgriffiths2000" <kgriffiths2000@b...>
              wrote:
              > > I'm a new subscriber - please excuse me if the answer to this question
              is
              > > well known.
              > >
              > > When I come across web pages of interest, I like to right click, select
              all,
              > > copy, and paste into MS Word which preserves all the web pages
              formatting.

              > > Can I do the same with NoteTab?
              > > ~~
              > > Keith Griffiths

            • Lee
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 13, 2003
                David,

                If you save it with the ".htm" extension it will work. i use it all the time.

                Lee

              • David
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 14, 2003
                  Hi
                  you still only save the page you do not save any images or css files.
                  The only way to get the page the way you see on the web ,links still correct
                  ,images and css as well is to save as on explorer i.e.. when on web
                  file/save as , it will give you a htm file and a folder with the rest ,
                  after that you can open NTS and do what ever you want with it.
                  EMAIL me private if you want to know the fine points.
                  THANKYOU DAVE