Re: [NTB] Question on the Help menu

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9 6:49 AM
      libbazet wrote:

      >Hi All,
      >
      >Is there a way to add the CLIP help to the toolbar? This is the
      >help menu that I use 99.9999% of the time. I looked in the options
      >menu and didn't see a way to set this up. Any help would be much
      >appreciated.
      >
      >Elizabeth Wild
      >libbazet@...

      Elizabeth,

      Below is a clip, I don't know who to credit for it, I have been using
      for a long time in my Clipbars.

      It's very easy to use, just click and it displays Help. If you
      doubleclick a NoteTab Command or Function to highlight it, before
      clicking this clip, it will start Help with the highlighted Command or
      Function displayed.

      I have an icon for this in all my Clipbars. Works very well.

      hrs

      H="SHOW CLIP HELP"

      ; Place cursor on Clip command or function

      ; and activate this Clip to show Help

      ;^!SetDeBug 1

      ^!Set %Keyword%=^$GetWord$

      ^!IfDiff "^$StrCopyRight("^%Keyword%";1)$" "$" Skip_1

      ^!Set %Keyword%=^$StrDeleteRight("^%Keyword%";1)$

      ;

      ^!IfDiff "^$StrCopyLeft("^%Keyword%";1)$" "$" COMMAND

      ^!If "^%Keyword%" = "" Exit

      :FUNCTION

      ^!Help "ClipCode.chm" ^%CARET%^%Keyword%

      ^!Goto EXIT

      :COMMAND

      ^!Help "ClipCode.chm" ^%CARET%!^%Keyword%

      :EXIT

      ^!Keyboard ENTER
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10 7:07 AM
        Hi Elizabeth and Others,

        Let's remember the Basic list is *not* for posting Clips on...
        The Clips list is a good place for them. <g>

        If you sign up for any, please do not post questions about Clips
        and scripting languages on the Basic list. More difficult tasks
        like regular expressions and other scripting code should be
        posted on the Clips or Scripts lists. HTML should be posted on
        the HTML list. In short, please leave the Basic list for the very
        basic use of NoteTab. The others we aren't too concerned about so
        long as you stick with NoteTab for the discussion except for the
        Off Topic list. I'm sorry for not catching some of this stuff
        earlier, but been busy... ;) I really don't even mind a mention
        of something else if NoteTab cannot do it. The problem is when
        discussion starts on the other software or 10 people post with
        what they use. Thanks!!!

        >Is there a way to add the CLIP help to the toolbar? This is the
        >help menu that I use 99.9999% of the time. I looked in the options
        >menu and didn't see a way to set this up. Any help would be much
        >appreciated.

        Happy Clip'n!

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options