Question on the Help menu

  • libbazet
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2003
      Hi All,

      Is there a way to add the CLIP help to the toolbar? This is the
      help menu that I use 99.9999% of the time. I looked in the options
      menu and didn't see a way to set this up. Any help would be much
      appreciated.

      Elizabeth Wild
      libbazet@...
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2003
        libbazet wrote:

        >Hi All,
        >
        >Is there a way to add the CLIP help to the toolbar? This is the
        >help menu that I use 99.9999% of the time. I looked in the options
        >menu and didn't see a way to set this up. Any help would be much
        >appreciated.
        >
        >Elizabeth Wild
        >libbazet@...

        Elizabeth,

        Below is a clip, I don't know who to credit for it, I have been using
        for a long time in my Clipbars.

        It's very easy to use, just click and it displays Help. If you
        doubleclick a NoteTab Command or Function to highlight it, before
        clicking this clip, it will start Help with the highlighted Command or
        Function displayed.

        I have an icon for this in all my Clipbars. Works very well.

        hrs

        H="SHOW CLIP HELP"

        ; Place cursor on Clip command or function

        ; and activate this Clip to show Help

        ;^!SetDeBug 1

        ^!Set %Keyword%=^$GetWord$

        ^!IfDiff "^$StrCopyRight("^%Keyword%";1)$" "$" Skip_1

        ^!Set %Keyword%=^$StrDeleteRight("^%Keyword%";1)$

        ;

        ^!IfDiff "^$StrCopyLeft("^%Keyword%";1)$" "$" COMMAND

        ^!If "^%Keyword%" = "" Exit

        :FUNCTION

        ^!Help "ClipCode.chm" ^%CARET%^%Keyword%

        ^!Goto EXIT

        :COMMAND

        ^!Help "ClipCode.chm" ^%CARET%!^%Keyword%

        :EXIT

        ^!Keyboard ENTER
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2003
          Hi Elizabeth and Others,

          Let's remember the Basic list is *not* for posting Clips on...
          The Clips list is a good place for them. <g>

          If you sign up for any, please do not post questions about Clips
          and scripting languages on the Basic list. More difficult tasks
          like regular expressions and other scripting code should be
          posted on the Clips or Scripts lists. HTML should be posted on
          the HTML list. In short, please leave the Basic list for the very
          basic use of NoteTab. The others we aren't too concerned about so
          long as you stick with NoteTab for the discussion except for the
          Off Topic list. I'm sorry for not catching some of this stuff
          earlier, but been busy... ;) I really don't even mind a mention
          of something else if NoteTab cannot do it. The problem is when
          discussion starts on the other software or 10 people post with
          what they use. Thanks!!!

          >Is there a way to add the CLIP help to the toolbar? This is the
          >help menu that I use 99.9999% of the time. I looked in the options
          >menu and didn't see a way to set this up. Any help would be much
          >appreciated.

          Happy Clip'n!

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options