RE: [NTB] Scrolling text using mouse wheel

  • Dart Chris
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2003
      A comment on scrolling.

      I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
      EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However, if I
      click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, - - and the
      main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite direction! It is like
      the text is in a U tube. Push one down the other comes up! I have tried
      ensuring no text selected in the main page etc. I have also tried putting
      the cursor directly in the Clipbook on opening without touching the main
      text and the result is the same. The Quick List does not seem to be
      connected in the same way.

      I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.

      Chris Dart

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
        Chris:

        I'd recommend KatMouse: refered to below http://kickme.to/katmouse
        When I turn it OFF I get results close to yours. When its ON then what ever
        window my mouse is over scrolls without having to click in it.

        Regards ... Alec

        > I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
        > EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However,
        > if I click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, -
        > - and the main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite
        > direction! It is like the text is in a U tube. Push one down the
        > other comes up! I have tried ensuring no text selected in the main
        > page etc. I have also tried putting the cursor directly in the
        > Clipbook on opening without touching the main text and the result is
        > the same. The Quick List does not seem to be connected in the same
        > way.
        >
        > I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.
        >

        > Chris Dart

      • Dart Chris
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
          Hi Alec,

          Re KatMouse

          Looks nice but it claims not to work with win98 which is what I have here at
          the office (XP at home) - nor with Logitech mice which is what I have work
          and home.

          Chris Dart

          > I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
          > EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However,
          > if I click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, -
          > - and the main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite
          > direction! It is like the text is in a U tube. Push one down the
          > other comes up! I have tried ensuring no text selected in the main
          > page etc. I have also tried putting the cursor directly in the
          > Clipbook on opening without touching the main text and the result is
          > the same. The Quick List does not seem to be connected in the same
          > way.
          >
          > I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.
          >

          > Chris Dart

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050073
          89:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupmai
          l/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=894690970>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
            Chris

            > Looks nice but it claims not to work with win98 which is what I have
            > here at the office (XP at home) - nor with Logitech mice which is
            > what I have work and home.

            I'm not sure about the Win9x business (it was the failure of my Logitech
            cordless wheel mouse to work with a specific application (Ecco) that
            motivated a three-month plea for help that eventually resulted in the
            suggestion to use KatMouse on one of the other groups) but it *DEFINITELY*
            works with Win2K and Logitech mice even though for some reason it claims it
            doesn't ;-)

            Give it a try anyway and let me know if it helps.

            Jody: I'm copying OFFTOPIC on this so if neccessary we can continue this
            there.

            Regards ... Alec