Re: [NTB] Scrolling text using mouse wheel

  • Russell Green
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2003
      Thanks for the help, the wheel is at last working in notetab. When it comes
      to pcs the wheel is not the single simplest invention.

      Russell

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2003
        A comment on scrolling.

        I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
        EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However, if I
        click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, - - and the
        main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite direction! It is like
        the text is in a U tube. Push one down the other comes up! I have tried
        ensuring no text selected in the main page etc. I have also tried putting
        the cursor directly in the Clipbook on opening without touching the main
        text and the result is the same. The Quick List does not seem to be
        connected in the same way.

        I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.

        Chris Dart

        Hi All, been sick, but feeling better... ;)

        Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
        mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and Logitech
        wheel mouse drivers. The mouseware/drivers need to be running at
        least in the background to get all the extended features. You can
        hide the icon from the system tray. I know with my Logitech I must
        keep the configuration software running in the background for it to
        work. Logitech's extension software is EM_EXEC in the Task Manager
        and Intellimouse is Point32. (You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open
        the Task Manager).

        >I will try katmouse. The mouse wheel works in all other apps so it seemed
        >to me it was a problem with Notetab and appropriate to this list. I am
        >using an MS cordless mouse.
        >Thanks
        >Russell

        Happy Tab'n,

        http://www.notetab.net <http://www.notetab.net>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050073
        89:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F/g22lp?T
        arget=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1513703/rand=701962694>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
          Chris:

          I'd recommend KatMouse: refered to below http://kickme.to/katmouse
          When I turn it OFF I get results close to yours. When its ON then what ever
          window my mouse is over scrolls without having to click in it.

          Regards ... Alec

          > I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
          > EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However,
          > if I click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, -
          > - and the main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite
          > direction! It is like the text is in a U tube. Push one down the
          > other comes up! I have tried ensuring no text selected in the main
          > page etc. I have also tried putting the cursor directly in the
          > Clipbook on opening without touching the main text and the result is
          > the same. The Quick List does not seem to be connected in the same
          > way.
          >
          > I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.
          >

          > Chris Dart

        • Dart Chris
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
            Hi Alec,

            Re KatMouse

            Looks nice but it claims not to work with win98 which is what I have here at
            the office (XP at home) - nor with Logitech mice which is what I have work
            and home.

            Chris Dart

            > I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
            > EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However,
            > if I click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, -
            > - and the main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite
            > direction! It is like the text is in a U tube. Push one down the
            > other comes up! I have tried ensuring no text selected in the main
            > page etc. I have also tried putting the cursor directly in the
            > Clipbook on opening without touching the main text and the result is
            > the same. The Quick List does not seem to be connected in the same
            > way.
            >
            > I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.
            >

            > Chris Dart

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050073
            89:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupmai
            l/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=894690970>

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
              Chris

              > Looks nice but it claims not to work with win98 which is what I have
              > here at the office (XP at home) - nor with Logitech mice which is
              > what I have work and home.

              I'm not sure about the Win9x business (it was the failure of my Logitech
              cordless wheel mouse to work with a specific application (Ecco) that
              motivated a three-month plea for help that eventually resulted in the
              suggestion to use KatMouse on one of the other groups) but it *DEFINITELY*
              works with Win2K and Logitech mice even though for some reason it claims it
              doesn't ;-)

              Give it a try anyway and let me know if it helps.

              Jody: I'm copying OFFTOPIC on this so if neccessary we can continue this
              there.

              Regards ... Alec