Re: [NTB] Scrolling text using mouse wheel

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2 11:48 AM
      Hi Russell,

      Hi All, been sick, but feeling better... ;)

      Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
      mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and Logitech
      wheel mouse drivers. The mouseware/drivers need to be running at
      least in the background to get all the extended features. You can
      hide the icon from the system tray. I know with my Logitech I must
      keep the configuration software running in the background for it to
      work. Logitech's extension software is EM_EXEC in the Task Manager
      and Intellimouse is Point32. (You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open
      the Task Manager).

      Happy Tab'n,

    • Russell Green
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2 4:59 PM
        Thanks for the help, the wheel is at last working in notetab. When it comes
        to pcs the wheel is not the single simplest invention.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > >
        > >To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

        > Happy Tab'n,
        > Jody Adair
        >
        > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        > http://www.notetab.net

      • Dart Chris
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3 10:56 PM
          A comment on scrolling.

          I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
          EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However, if I
          click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, - - and the
          main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite direction! It is like
          the text is in a U tube. Push one down the other comes up! I have tried
          ensuring no text selected in the main page etc. I have also tried putting
          the cursor directly in the Clipbook on opening without touching the main
          text and the result is the same. The Quick List does not seem to be
          connected in the same way.

          I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.

          Chris Dart

          Hi All, been sick, but feeling better... ;)

          Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
          mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and Logitech
          wheel mouse drivers. The mouseware/drivers need to be running at
          least in the background to get all the extended features. You can
          hide the icon from the system tray. I know with my Logitech I must
          keep the configuration software running in the background for it to
          work. Logitech's extension software is EM_EXEC in the Task Manager
          and Intellimouse is Point32. (You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open
          the Task Manager).

          >I will try katmouse. The mouse wheel works in all other apps so it seemed
          >to me it was a problem with Notetab and appropriate to this list. I am
          >using an MS cordless mouse.
          >Thanks
          >Russell

          Happy Tab'n,

          http://www.notetab.net <http://www.notetab.net>

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050073
          89:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F/g22lp?T
          arget=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupmai
          l/S=:HM/A=1513703/rand=701962694>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4 2:48 AM
            Chris:

            I'd recommend KatMouse: refered to below http://kickme.to/katmouse
            When I turn it OFF I get results close to yours. When its ON then what ever
            window my mouse is over scrolls without having to click in it.

            Regards ... Alec

            > I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
            > EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However,
            > if I click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, -
            > - and the main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite
            > direction! It is like the text is in a U tube. Push one down the
            > other comes up! I have tried ensuring no text selected in the main
            > page etc. I have also tried putting the cursor directly in the
            > Clipbook on opening without touching the main text and the result is
            > the same. The Quick List does not seem to be connected in the same
            > way.
            >
            > I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.
            >

            > Chris Dart

          • Dart Chris
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4 5:23 AM
              Hi Alec,

              Re KatMouse

              Looks nice but it claims not to work with win98 which is what I have here at
              the office (XP at home) - nor with Logitech mice which is what I have work
              and home.

              Chris Dart

              > I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
              > EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However,
              > if I click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, -
              > - and the main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite
              > direction! It is like the text is in a U tube. Push one down the
              > other comes up! I have tried ensuring no text selected in the main
              > page etc. I have also tried putting the cursor directly in the
              > Clipbook on opening without touching the main text and the result is
              > the same. The Quick List does not seem to be connected in the same
              > way.
              >
              > I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.
              >

              > Chris Dart

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050073
              89:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupmai
              l/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=894690970>

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 4 10:06 AM
                Chris

                > Looks nice but it claims not to work with win98 which is what I have
                > here at the office (XP at home) - nor with Logitech mice which is
                > what I have work and home.

                I'm not sure about the Win9x business (it was the failure of my Logitech
                cordless wheel mouse to work with a specific application (Ecco) that
                motivated a three-month plea for help that eventually resulted in the
                suggestion to use KatMouse on one of the other groups) but it *DEFINITELY*
                works with Win2K and Logitech mice even though for some reason it claims it
                doesn't ;-)

                Give it a try anyway and let me know if it helps.

                Jody: I'm copying OFFTOPIC on this so if neccessary we can continue this
                there.

                Regards ... Alec