Re: [NTB] Scrolling text using mouse wheel

  • Russell Green
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 30 9:47 PM
      Hi Alec
      I will try katmouse. The mouse wheel works in all other apps so it seemed
      to me it was a problem with Notetab and appropriate to this list. I am
      using an MS cordless mouse.
      Thanks
      Russell

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2003
        Hi Russell,

        Hi All, been sick, but feeling better... ;)

        Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
        mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and Logitech
        wheel mouse drivers. The mouseware/drivers need to be running at
        least in the background to get all the extended features. You can
        hide the icon from the system tray. I know with my Logitech I must
        keep the configuration software running in the background for it to
        work. Logitech's extension software is EM_EXEC in the Task Manager
        and Intellimouse is Point32. (You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open
        the Task Manager).

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Russell Green
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2003
          Thanks for the help, the wheel is at last working in notetab. When it comes
          to pcs the wheel is not the single simplest invention.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          > >
          > >To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

          > Happy Tab'n,
          > Jody Adair
          >
          > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          > http://www.notetab.net

        • Dart Chris
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2003
            A comment on scrolling.

            I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
            EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However, if I
            click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, - - and the
            main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite direction! It is like
            the text is in a U tube. Push one down the other comes up! I have tried
            ensuring no text selected in the main page etc. I have also tried putting
            the cursor directly in the Clipbook on opening without touching the main
            text and the result is the same. The Quick List does not seem to be
            connected in the same way.

            I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.

            Chris Dart

            Hi All, been sick, but feeling better... ;)

            Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
            mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and Logitech
            wheel mouse drivers. The mouseware/drivers need to be running at
            least in the background to get all the extended features. You can
            hide the icon from the system tray. I know with my Logitech I must
            keep the configuration software running in the background for it to
            work. Logitech's extension software is EM_EXEC in the Task Manager
            and Intellimouse is Point32. (You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open
            the Task Manager).

            >I will try katmouse. The mouse wheel works in all other apps so it seemed
            >to me it was a problem with Notetab and appropriate to this list. I am
            >using an MS cordless mouse.
            >Thanks
            >Russell

            Happy Tab'n,

            http://www.notetab.net <http://www.notetab.net>

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050073
            89:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F/g22lp?T
            arget=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupmai
            l/S=:HM/A=1513703/rand=701962694>

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
              Chris:

              I'd recommend KatMouse: refered to below http://kickme.to/katmouse
              When I turn it OFF I get results close to yours. When its ON then what ever
              window my mouse is over scrolls without having to click in it.

              Regards ... Alec

              > I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
              > EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However,
              > if I click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, -
              > - and the main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite
              > direction! It is like the text is in a U tube. Push one down the
              > other comes up! I have tried ensuring no text selected in the main
              > page etc. I have also tried putting the cursor directly in the
              > Clipbook on opening without touching the main text and the result is
              > the same. The Quick List does not seem to be connected in the same
              > way.
              >
              > I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.
              >

              > Chris Dart

            • Dart Chris
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
                Hi Alec,

                Re KatMouse

                Looks nice but it claims not to work with win98 which is what I have here at
                the office (XP at home) - nor with Logitech mice which is what I have work
                and home.

                Chris Dart

                > I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
                > EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However,
                > if I click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, -
                > - and the main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite
                > direction! It is like the text is in a U tube. Push one down the
                > other comes up! I have tried ensuring no text selected in the main
                > page etc. I have also tried putting the cursor directly in the
                > Clipbook on opening without touching the main text and the result is
                > the same. The Quick List does not seem to be connected in the same
                > way.
                >
                > I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.
                >

                > Chris Dart

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050073
                89:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupmai
                l/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=894690970>

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 4, 2003
                  Chris

                  > Looks nice but it claims not to work with win98 which is what I have
                  > here at the office (XP at home) - nor with Logitech mice which is
                  > what I have work and home.

                  I'm not sure about the Win9x business (it was the failure of my Logitech
                  cordless wheel mouse to work with a specific application (Ecco) that
                  motivated a three-month plea for help that eventually resulted in the
                  suggestion to use KatMouse on one of the other groups) but it *DEFINITELY*
                  works with Win2K and Logitech mice even though for some reason it claims it
                  doesn't ;-)

                  Give it a try anyway and let me know if it helps.

                  Jody: I'm copying OFFTOPIC on this so if neccessary we can continue this
                  there.

                  Regards ... Alec