Scrolling text using mouse wheel

  • Russell Green
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 29, 2003
      Hello
      I recently installed Notetab light 4.92. The text does not scroll using the mouse wheel. I have looked in help and menus and found nothing relevent. Any suggestions?

      Thanks

      Russell

      Russell Green
      Noosa Heads, Qld
      Australia

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 30, 2003
        Russell Green wrote:

        >Hello
        >I recently installed Notetab light 4.92. The text does not scroll using the mouse wheel. I have looked in help and menus and found nothing relevent. Any suggestions?
        >
        >Thanks
        >
        >Russell
        >
        >Russell Green
        >Noosa Heads, Qld
        >Australia

        Hi Russell,

        This has been a common problem on these lists, generally it is solved by
        downloading the most recent mouse driver software for your particular mouse.

        hrs
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 30, 2003
          Russel, (hrs):

          This gets really close to crossing the boarder into belonging in Off-topic
          but on another list I was pointed to freeware KatMouse
          http://kickme.to/katmouse It solved some apparently intractable scrolling
          problems with other applications even when I was absolutely sure that I had
          latest drivers. (I was using a Logitech cordless mouse with wheel which
          KatMouse's site says it won't help but I (and others) found it works just
          fine with Logitech too).

          Might well be worth a shot in this case too.

          Regards ... Alec

          >> I recently installed Notetab light 4.92. The text does not scroll
          >> using the mouse wheel. I have looked in help and menus and found
          >> nothing relevent. Any suggestions?
          >>
          >> Thanks
          >>
          >> Russell
          >>
          >> Russell Green
          >> Noosa Heads, Qld
          >> Australia
          >>

          > Hi Russell,
          >
          > This has been a common problem on these lists, generally it is solved
          > by
          > downloading the most recent mouse driver software for your particular
          > mouse.
          >
          > hrs
        • Russell Green
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 30, 2003
            Hi Alec
            I will try katmouse. The mouse wheel works in all other apps so it seemed
            to me it was a problem with Notetab and appropriate to this list. I am
            using an MS cordless mouse.
            Thanks
            Russell

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2 11:48 AM
              Hi Russell,

              Hi All, been sick, but feeling better... ;)

              Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
              mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and Logitech
              wheel mouse drivers. The mouseware/drivers need to be running at
              least in the background to get all the extended features. You can
              hide the icon from the system tray. I know with my Logitech I must
              keep the configuration software running in the background for it to
              work. Logitech's extension software is EM_EXEC in the Task Manager
              and Intellimouse is Point32. (You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open
              the Task Manager).

              Happy Tab'n,

            • Russell Green
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2 4:59 PM
                Thanks for the help, the wheel is at last working in notetab. When it comes
                to pcs the wheel is not the single simplest invention.

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                > >
                > >To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

                > Happy Tab'n,
                > Jody Adair
                >
                > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
                > http://www.notetab.net

              • Dart Chris
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 3 10:56 PM
                  A comment on scrolling.

                  I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
                  EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However, if I
                  click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, - - and the
                  main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite direction! It is like
                  the text is in a U tube. Push one down the other comes up! I have tried
                  ensuring no text selected in the main page etc. I have also tried putting
                  the cursor directly in the Clipbook on opening without touching the main
                  text and the result is the same. The Quick List does not seem to be
                  connected in the same way.

                  I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.

                  Chris Dart

                  Hi All, been sick, but feeling better... ;)

                  Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
                  mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and Logitech
                  wheel mouse drivers. The mouseware/drivers need to be running at
                  least in the background to get all the extended features. You can
                  hide the icon from the system tray. I know with my Logitech I must
                  keep the configuration software running in the background for it to
                  work. Logitech's extension software is EM_EXEC in the Task Manager
                  and Intellimouse is Point32. (You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open
                  the Task Manager).

                  >I will try katmouse. The mouse wheel works in all other apps so it seemed
                  >to me it was a problem with Notetab and appropriate to this list. I am
                  >using an MS cordless mouse.
                  >Thanks
                  >Russell

                  Happy Tab'n,

                  http://www.notetab.net <http://www.notetab.net>

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050073
                  89:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F/g22lp?T
                  arget=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupmai
                  l/S=:HM/A=1513703/rand=701962694>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 4 2:48 AM
                    Chris:

                    I'd recommend KatMouse: refered to below http://kickme.to/katmouse
                    When I turn it OFF I get results close to yours. When its ON then what ever
                    window my mouse is over scrolls without having to click in it.

                    Regards ... Alec

                    > I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
                    > EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However,
                    > if I click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, -
                    > - and the main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite
                    > direction! It is like the text is in a U tube. Push one down the
                    > other comes up! I have tried ensuring no text selected in the main
                    > page etc. I have also tried putting the cursor directly in the
                    > Clipbook on opening without touching the main text and the result is
                    > the same. The Quick List does not seem to be connected in the same
                    > way.
                    >
                    > I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.
                    >

                    > Chris Dart

                  • Dart Chris
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 4 5:23 AM
                      Hi Alec,

                      Re KatMouse

                      Looks nice but it claims not to work with win98 which is what I have here at
                      the office (XP at home) - nor with Logitech mice which is what I have work
                      and home.

                      Chris Dart

                      > I use a Logitech MX700 mouse (Cordless Optical).
                      > EM_EXEC is there in the tasks and the scroll button works. However,
                      > if I click in the clip book and try to scroll that - it works too, -
                      > - and the main page scrolls at the same time but in the opposite
                      > direction! It is like the text is in a U tube. Push one down the
                      > other comes up! I have tried ensuring no text selected in the main
                      > page etc. I have also tried putting the cursor directly in the
                      > Clipbook on opening without touching the main text and the result is
                      > the same. The Quick List does not seem to be connected in the same
                      > way.
                      >
                      > I have seen this also with a similar mouse from MS.
                      >

                      > Chris Dart

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050073
                      89:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupmai
                      l/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=894690970>

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 4 10:06 AM
                        Chris

                        > Looks nice but it claims not to work with win98 which is what I have
                        > here at the office (XP at home) - nor with Logitech mice which is
                        > what I have work and home.

                        I'm not sure about the Win9x business (it was the failure of my Logitech
                        cordless wheel mouse to work with a specific application (Ecco) that
                        motivated a three-month plea for help that eventually resulted in the
                        suggestion to use KatMouse on one of the other groups) but it *DEFINITELY*
                        works with Win2K and Logitech mice even though for some reason it claims it
                        doesn't ;-)

                        Give it a try anyway and let me know if it helps.

                        Jody: I'm copying OFFTOPIC on this so if neccessary we can continue this
                        there.

                        Regards ... Alec