Re: [NTB] Accessibility Issues

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2003
      Hi Veli-Pekka,

      Currently we only have the Blind User Mode to check which does
      the following. As far as the other items you listed, I'll send
      them on to Eric to make sure he takes note of it for future
      releases. (He is busy programming now; "reclusive mode" :-)

      The feature is at View | Options | General and is called:

      Blind User Mode:
      Autoscroll hides dialog when active and message dialog boxes make
      a sound when displayed. The Find dialog box will automatically
      close after a search operation and the Replace dialog box will
      close after a "Replace All" operation. When an item is selected
      from the Quick List, Outline, or Clipbook list, the focus remains
      on the list control instead of jumping back to the document. This
      makes it easier to use NoteTab with screen readers.

      >I'm visually impaired and using Supernova v5.11
      >(http://www.dolphinuk.co.uk/) in Windows XP as my screen reader. I'm
      >running NoteTab Pro 4.92 as my main text editor.
      >
      >I've got a couple of minor accessibility issues with NTB. I hope
      >these will be addressed in the future and of course any suggestions
      >for possible fixes are welcome, too. Here are the issues:
      >
      >1. When I turn on the insertion mode, my screen reader loses focus.
      >In other words, nothing is spoken if I move the cursor and the
      >magnification and braille don't track the cursor any more. I think
      >this could be fixd by changing the way the visible cursor change is
      >done. Howabout increasing the caret width in real time (supported
      >under ME, 2k and XP I think)?
      >
      >2. When I'm on the last line of the main text box and the scroll bar
      >is shown, Supernova prompts "vertical scrollbar" after reading the
      >line. An option to permanently hide this scroll bar as in MS Word
      >would be nice.
      >
      >3. When using braille in logical mode, the document tabs (filenames)
      >are shown at the start of every line before the actual content. I
      >wish there was a way to auto hide the tab bar so that you could still
      >swich documents on the keyboard and the tab bar would reappear when
      >hovering over it like the auto-hidden Taskbar does in Windows.

      Happy Tab'n,