Re: [NTB] Program stops responding

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5, 2003
      > ... and increased the room for cache ...

      I believe that IE (4,5,6) by default takes way way to much space for its
      cache and in fact the large cache it is quite happy to keep and keep and
      keep causes more problems than it solves.

      I'd suggest setting it down to around 10 MB and only increasing it if (a)
      you're running dial-up rather than high-speed (cable or equivalent) and (b)
      you can detect jerkiness - indicating that stuff from the cache is getting
      grabbed quickly while stuff that has to be downloaded is coming up
      unacceptably slower.

      Note ... just clearing the cache and / or decreasing its size probably won't
      have any impact on your underlying problem, but I don't think it can hurt.

      Actually, reading what you said > ...it worked for a while and then it
      stoped responding ... <
      Maybe that is the whole problem.

      You said originally: > I have windows Me and Internet Exployer5.0 <
      I know its *possible* to get WinME to work in general, but an awful lot of
      people have an awful lot of problems with it that don't seem to occur with
      Win98 or Win2K/XP.

      Regards ... Alec