Re: [NTB] Paste Board not working

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
      Hi Harvey,

      I hope this does not insult you. :-) Give it another try please.
      NoteTab will only insert the text into the Paste Board one time
      if the text is duplicated. Make sure that is not the case
      meaning copy different text each time.

      I know you like to play with things. Look under the Toolbar menu
      in NoteTab's INI file and see if it is getting set correctly:
      Paste Board=1;11;0

      If I remember correctly the first number after the equal sign is
      on/off (true/false,1/0). The second is the Toolbar button location.
      Mine is 11 from the left above. Separators are counted. The
      third is the position on the Shortcut menu.

      You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
      with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front
      of it and restart NoteTab.

      >It's been a while since I used Paste Board and it alway worked
      >fine.
      >
      >I've just tried and it is not working. There's no 'beep' and the
      >content of the Clipboard is not being pasted.

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair

      UnSubscribe, Options
    • harvsegal <hsegal@supertips.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
        Jody,

        > Give it another try please.

        Well believe it or not it's now working.
        Maybe a reboot did the trick.

        But in answer to the following
        > NoteTab will only insert the text into the Paste Board one time
        > if the text is duplicated. Make sure that is not the case
        > meaning copy different text each time.

        I was in fact using different text but are
        you sure that duplicate text is ignored ? I'm
        trying it now and it does repeat the copy,

        Harvey
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
          Hi Harvey,

          >But in answer to the following
          >> NoteTab will only insert the text into the Paste Board one time
          >> if the text is duplicated. Make sure that is not the case
          >> meaning copy different text each time.
          >
          >I was in fact using different text but are you sure that
          >duplicate text is ignored ? I'm trying it now and it does repeat
          >the copy,

          If you are inside NoteTab, you can do multiple copies of the same
          text. If you are in another program, you can only copy to the
          Paste Board once with the same text back to back. One character
          more or less is all it takes for NoteTab to not recognize it as
          the same text being copied.

          Happy Tab'n,