Paste Board not working

  • harvsegal <hsegal@supertips.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
      It's been a while since I used Paste Board and it
      alway worked fine.

      I've just tried and it is not working. There's no
      'beep' and the content of the Clipboard is not being
      pasted.

      Harvey
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
        Hi Harvey,

        I hope this does not insult you. :-) Give it another try please.
        NoteTab will only insert the text into the Paste Board one time
        if the text is duplicated. Make sure that is not the case
        meaning copy different text each time.

        I know you like to play with things. Look under the Toolbar menu
        in NoteTab's INI file and see if it is getting set correctly:
        Paste Board=1;11;0

        If I remember correctly the first number after the equal sign is
        on/off (true/false,1/0). The second is the Toolbar button location.
        Mine is 11 from the left above. Separators are counted. The
        third is the position on the Shortcut menu.

        You may edit the INI file inside NoteTab. Simply save the file
        with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front
        of it and restart NoteTab.

        >It's been a while since I used Paste Board and it alway worked
        >fine.
        >
        >I've just tried and it is not working. There's no 'beep' and the
        >content of the Clipboard is not being pasted.

        Happy Test'n,
        Jody Adair

        UnSubscribe, Options
      • harvsegal <hsegal@supertips.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
          Jody,

          > Give it another try please.

          Well believe it or not it's now working.
          Maybe a reboot did the trick.

          But in answer to the following
          > NoteTab will only insert the text into the Paste Board one time
          > if the text is duplicated. Make sure that is not the case
          > meaning copy different text each time.

          I was in fact using different text but are
          you sure that duplicate text is ignored ? I'm
          trying it now and it does repeat the copy,

          Harvey
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003
            Hi Harvey,

            >But in answer to the following
            >> NoteTab will only insert the text into the Paste Board one time
            >> if the text is duplicated. Make sure that is not the case
            >> meaning copy different text each time.
            >
            >I was in fact using different text but are you sure that
            >duplicate text is ignored ? I'm trying it now and it does repeat
            >the copy,

            If you are inside NoteTab, you can do multiple copies of the same
            text. If you are in another program, you can only copy to the
            Paste Board once with the same text back to back. One character
            more or less is all it takes for NoteTab to not recognize it as
            the same text being copied.

            Happy Tab'n,