closing tabs & integration with Netcaptor

  • michaeljbrock <mike@mikeworks.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2003
      1) I'm a software developer and use Notetab pretty much all day. I
      often open new tabs to temporarily store data I don't intend to save.
      How can I close those tabs without being prompted to save the file?

      2) I'm also an avid user of Netcaptor. Lately (perhaps I'm just
      noticing it) when I pres f8 to view a document in the browser, it
      reuses an already open tab. This gets pretty irritating. Recent
      release notes for Netcaptor mentions:

      * Starting with NetCaptor 7.02, NoteTab can open Web documents in the
      same browser page when the option is invoked.

      How do I NOT invoke that option? Netcaptor is currently configured to
      open links in new tabs (assuming that's what the note is referring
      to). I would much rather it open the document in a new browser page.
      Or better yet, open it in a new page the first time, and then
      subsequently use the same page when I hit f8 again (wishful thinking
      I suspect <g>).

      Michael Brock
    • michaeljbrock <mike@mikeworks.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2003
        Well, immediately after posting my questions, I found the answer to
        #2 in the archives, only a few days old,...I looked for an answer
        last week but didn't check again this morning. Question #1 still
        pending though <grin>

        Michael

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "michaeljbrock <mike@m...>"
        <mike@m...> wrote:
        > 1) I'm a software developer and use Notetab pretty much all day. I
        > often open new tabs to temporarily store data I don't intend to
        save.
        > How can I close those tabs without being prompted to save the file?
        >

        > 2) I'm also an avid user of Netcaptor. Lately (perhaps I'm just
        > noticing it) when I pres f8 to view a document in the browser, it
        > reuses an already open tab. This gets pretty irritating. Recent
        > release notes for Netcaptor mentions:

      • Michael Brock
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2003
          Well, immediately after posting my questions, I found the answer to
          #2 in the archives, only a few days old,...I looked for an answer

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2003
            Hi Michael,

            I have a Clip on my default Clipbar that Recycles the file. If I
            hold the Ctrl key down it will keep sending files to the Recycle
            Bin until I release the key. You can right click over the tab
            and choose Delete, or use the Delete Document tool on your
            Toolbar or Shortcut menu.

            >1) I'm a software developer and use Notetab pretty much all day. I
            >often open new tabs to temporarily store data I don't intend to save.
            >How can I close those tabs without being prompted to save the file?

            Happy Tab'n,

          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2003
              Michael, (Jody)

              I think the answer Jody gave while good, might be the answer to a different
              question than you asked. When I try what Jody suggested on a buffer I want
              to get rid of (doing a Delete) asks you to confirm deletion before it
              proceedes.

              These two one liners use "Close Discard" and "Close All,Discard" to either
              close the current file (buffer) or all files (buffers) without requiring a
              [Yes]/[No]

              Put them in a clip library, drag them to the clipbar(s) you have open most
              often (and then use right/click on clipbutton to change icon to the close
              and close-all icons)

              Now instead of using the normal close button or right-click option use your
              new clip button instead and you won't have to answer questions all the time.

              ----
              H="Close-All-Discard"
              ^!Close All,Discard

              H="Close-Discard"