Re: [NTB] deleting partial lines from a list

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
      Martin,

      This is simple simon with a clip. Clips must go to the clips list, so post
      your question over there!

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
        Martin (Don?)

        If there is only one dash per line you don't need a clip ;-) though they're
        worth learning for their own sake.

        In Replace dialogue select [Regexp]
        Find: "-.*$" (w/o quotes)
        Replace: "" (ie empty)

        Go to top of file (or selected range if not the whole thing)
        Click Find: it should hilite from first dash to eol
        Click Replace a couple of times to make sure its doing what your want
        Click Replace All - you're done.

        Regards ... Alec

        > This is simple simon with a clip. Clips must go to the clips list,
        > so post your question over there!

      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
          Yes, should work. Note you can always get to the top of a file when the
          search or search and replace dialog is open by double clicking on the
          "blank" space within the dialog box. I find this very handy.

          Don

          > If there is only one dash per line you don't need a clip ;-) though
          they're
          > worth learning for their own sake.
          >
          > In Replace dialogue select [Regexp]
          > Find: "-.*$" (w/o quotes)
          > Replace: "" (ie empty)
          >
          > Go to top of file (or selected range if not the whole thing)
          > Click Find: it should hilite from first dash to eol
          > Click Replace a couple of times to make sure its doing what your want
          > Click Replace All - you're done.
        • Martin
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
            Hello Alec,

            AB> Martin (Don?)

            AB> If there is only one dash per line you don't need a clip ;-) though they're
            AB> worth learning for their own sake.

            AB> In Replace dialogue select [Regexp]
            AB> Find: "-.*$" (w/o quotes)
            AB> Replace: "" (ie empty)

            AB> Go to top of file (or selected range if not the whole thing)
            AB> Click Find: it should hilite from first dash to eol
            AB> Click Replace a couple of times to make sure its doing what your want
            AB> Click Replace All - you're done.
            AB> Regards ... Alec

            Excellent! Thank you very much.

            --