Re: [NTB] Opening/Saving NTP files in different directory

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 1998
      At 08:08 AM 7/31/98 -0700, Lisa Brooks wrote:

      >How can I tell NTB to always open a file from a particular directory.

      Select View/Options. Select the Files tab. At the bottom you will see
      options for directory tracking. To always use the same directories for
      opening and closing files have the "use default directories" box checked.
      Then below that you will see to entry boxes (Open directory and Save
      directory). You can type in the directory path you want or paste it in or
      best of all click on the ... buttons on the right end and browse to the
      directory you want and select it. Click ok and you are done.

      >It automatically opens from the NoteTab Pro directory. I've changed
      >this setting in the ini file, but when I close the program and open it
      >again, the setting has changed back to the following:
      >
      >DefaultOpenDir=
      >DefaultSaveDir=
      >TemplateOpenDir=C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOTETAB PRO
      >TemplateSaveDir=C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOTETAB PRO

      NoteTab keeps its settings in RAM. It only uses the ini on start up and on
      shut down.
      When it starts up it loads the settings from the ini and when it shuts down
      it stores the settings including any changes you have made to options to
      the ini.

      You do not need to edit the ini to make changes in the settings. You can
      just select View/Options and make changes on the tabbed pages and when you
      quit NoteTab they are saved for the next time you use it. If you really
      want to edit the ini though you can make your changes stick by using Save
      As and renaming the ini file by placing an exclamation point at the
      beginning of the file name. In other words, save Notepro.ini as
      !Notepro.ini. This will prevent NoteTab from overwriting your changes for
      that one instance.

      Larry Thomas
      larryt@...

      ----