Re: [NTB] MDI and tab cycle order - Second Window Help

  • Stefan Elssner
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2003
      Help for the second window feature is in
      Reference Information | Menu Commands | Document Menu
      --
      Stefan Elssner
      mailto:elssner@...

      Bis zu 100 MB Speicher bei http://premiummail.yahoo.de
    • Brian Clary
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2003
        > Hello Brian,
        >
        > I can only strengthen the tips from Don's answer,
        > and add 1 or two remarks:
        >
        > - From your scenario, CTRL-SHIFT-W for opening a
        > second window in
        > NoteTab really might help alot. There are some
        > specialities when
        > handling these windows from the keyboard -- however
        > whenever in doubt
        > hit F1 and the always good Help File should help
        > you. The only thing
        > _not_ working is having two windows to the _same_
        > file in this manner -
        > AFAIK.

        Thanks. This second window tip from you and Don is
        just what I needed.

        > - The straight order of jump to or close tabs comes
        > very logical and
        > handy together with the ability to reordering tabs
        > as mentioned by Don.

        I think is more of a personal choice. Some, like me,
        find the "Recently used" tab order to be more
        intuitive, and others find the straight method more
        logical. Neither's right or wrong. What do you think
        of a setting (maybe in the tab bar section of the
        options) to choose the order of tab focus with
        ctrl-tab?

        > Right-Click on any tab, check 'Allow Reordering',
        > and you can shift the
        > document tabs in any order you like.

        I cannot find this when I right click on a tab. I'm
        using NTP 4.91. I do know that I can drag the tabs to
        any order. Very handy.

        > - And try the Pasteboard feature as mentioned by
        > Don. Sometimes _thats_
        > the solution.

        This wouldn't help me much since I need to drag to
        specific spots, but I can see the potential in this
        feature, and I like it.

        > :)
        >
        > Regards
        > Stefan