Order of files

  • harvsegal <hsegal@supertips.com>
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 5, 2003
      When I use 'Open' to see all the files
      in a directory they no longer appear by
      default in alphabetic order. I have to
      right click and arrange icons.

      I'm sure they used to be alphabetic
      by default.

      Any thoughts please ?

      Thanks
      Harvey
      NoteTab Pro 4.91
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 5, 2003
        Hi Harvey,

        >When I use 'Open' to see all the files in a directory they no longer
        >appear by default in alphabetic order. I have to right click and arrange icons.
        >
        >I'm sure they used to be alphabetic by default.
        >
        >Any thoughts please ?

        I seem to remember someone (me!) mentioning this problem and the solution
        (me again!) on the OT list...

        Contents of the Open and Save As Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
        http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q233/5/26.asp

        Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
        http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q229/0/70.asp

        The first one doesn't require rebooting, but plays with the registry.
        The second one was easier, but you needed to reboot the computer.

        Have fun and don't tell Jody this really doesn't have anything to do with
        Notetab ;-).

        Julie
      • harvsegal <hsegal@supertips.com>
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 5, 2003
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Julie <jlg61@m...> wrote:
          > I seem to remember someone (me!) mentioning this problem and the
          solution
          > (me again!) on the OT list...
          >
          > Contents of the Open and Save As Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
          > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q233/5/26.asp
          >
          > Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
          > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q229/0/70.asp
          >
          > The first one doesn't require rebooting, but plays with the
          registry.
          > The second one was easier, but you needed to reboot the computer.

          Julie,

          I used the second one (it did not require
          rebooting).

          Thanks a lot,

          Harvey
        • Don Daugherty
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6, 2003
            >I used the second one (it did not require
            >rebooting).

            And I imagine you adapted it to the dialog box appearing in NoteTab -- no need to mess with Explorer, Notepad, etc.

          • harvsegal <hsegal@supertips.com>
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 6, 2003
              Don,

              > And I imagine you adapted it to the dialog box appearing in
              NoteTab -- no need to mess with Explorer, Notepad, etc.

              No, this was the option which did require
              a change using Explorer

              Harvey
            • Don Daugherty
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 6, 2003
                But it actually doesn't. Them same thing can be done in the NoteTab open and save dialog boxes: Just start the open (or save) process, click on the Views icon and choose "Details". Then click on the Name column to sort in name-order. Hope this is clearer, and that it works for you.

                >No, this was the option which did require
                >a change using Explorer

              • Harvey Segal
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 6, 2003
                  On 6 Feb 2003 at 17:43, Don Daugherty wrote:

                  > But it actually doesn't. Them same thing can be done in the NoteTab
                  > open and save dialog boxes: Just start the open (or save) process,
                  > click on the Views icon and choose "Details". Then click on the Name
                  > column to sort in name- order. Hope this is clearer, and that it works
                  > for you.

                  Don,

                  The problem was that I had to do that EVERY time
                  with NoteTab, after that it reverted to a different order.
                  I wanted the alpahbetic order to be the default.

                  Harvey
                • Alec Burgess
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 6, 2003
                    Harvey:

                    If you want a treat, try File-Ex3. It extends File Open Save properties in
                    ALL applications including NoteTab. I couldn't live without it anymore.
                    http://www.cottonwoodsw.com

                    Jody - this is essentially off-topic - apologies.

                    Regards ... Alec
                    > On 6 Feb 2003 at 17:43, Don Daugherty wrote:
                    >
                    > > But it actually doesn't. Them same thing can be done in the NoteTab
                    > > open and save dialog boxes: Just start the open (or save) process,
                    > > click on the Views icon and choose "Details". Then click on the Name
                    > > column to sort in name- order. Hope this is clearer, and that it works
                    > > for you.
                    >
                    > Don,
                    >
                    > The problem was that I had to do that EVERY time
                    > with NoteTab, after that it reverted to a different order.
                    > I wanted the alpahbetic order to be the default.
                    >
                    > Harvey

                  • Harvey Segal
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 7, 2003
                      On 7 Feb 2003 at 0:29, Alec Burgess wrote:
                      > Harvey:
                      >
                      > If you want a treat, try File-Ex3. It extends File Open Save
                      > properties in ALL applications including NoteTab. I couldn't live
                      > without it anymore. http://www.cottonwoodsw.com
                      >
                      > Jody - this is essentially off-topic - apologies.
                      >
                      > Regards ... Alec

                      Alex,
                      Looks good,
                      Thanks for mentioning it
                      Harvey
                    • Christine
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 7, 2003
                        Agreed!
                        I mean about the living without it thing. We can go OT. :)
                        Christine

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 8, 2003
                          Hi Alec,

                          No problem with the mentioning of it, but please do take it to
                          the OT list to discuss it. I met the author at the Shareware
                          Industry Conference in 1999 in Tampa, FL. Nice guy (especially
                          since I got a free copy:-) That is an example of OT. :) Anyway,
                          I think you all exhausted this thread for the Basic list, so it's
                          time to move on. TIA

                          >If you want a treat, try File-Ex3. It extends File Open Save
                          >properties in ALL applications including NoteTab. I couldn't live
                          >without it anymore.
                          ><http://www.cottonwoodsw.com>http://www.cottonwoodsw.com
                          >
                          >Jody - this is essentially off-topic - apologies.

                          Happy Tab'n,