Re: [NTB] Select all in all open files

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2003
      Hi Don,

      Short of a Clip you could use the Replace tool to do it with. I
      suggest you make a copy of the files first by going into Windows
      Explorer (or My Computer) to the file location assuming they are
      all in one folder. Do a Ctrl+A over the files to select them and
      then a Ctrl+C to copy, then Ctrl+V to paste into another folder,
      or just drag/drop the whole folder while holding the Ctrl key
      down so that your mouse cursor changes to a plus sign letting you
      know you are making a copy.

      Also assuming that you have a blank line in between your
      paragraphs I'd open the files and click on the Replace tool.
      Check the box to do All Documents.

      Find ^p^p and Replace with <>~~<^p^p>~~<>

      or some other unique text. After that do a:

      Find ^p and Replace with a space (" " w/o the quotes)

      Finally,

      Find <>~~< >~~<> and Replace with ^p^p

      If NoteTab Pro complains about lines/paragraphs being too long,
      use NoteTab Light (www.notetab.com/download.htm) or use Search
      Disk instead, but definitely make sure you have a backup of the
      files.

      It would not be hard to write a Clip if you do something like
      this all the time, but you need to sign up for the Clips list and
      ask on it. Please see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA

      >I have 730 files that I need to use NoteTab's nifty "join lines"
      >feature on. Is there a way to select all the text in all the
      >files and run the "join lines" all at once?

      Happy Clip'n!

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
    • elbourne <delbourne@cox.net>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 23, 2003
        Jody,

        Thanks! that worked like a charm. I should have thought of that.
        Actually that was better than the "join lines" feature anyway, because
        I used one ^p instead of two in the last step, thus getting rid of the
        extra blank lines in the files. That did exactly what I needed.
        NoteTab is great.

        Don A. Elbourne Jr.
        http://elbourne.org

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 23, 2003
          Hi Don,

          Whatever works! I'm glad I did not help you make a total mess of
          your files. <g>

          >Thanks! that worked like a charm. I should have thought of that.
          >Actually that was better than the "join lines" feature anyway,
          >because I used one ^p instead of two in the last step, thus
          >getting rid of the extra blank lines in the files. That did
          >exactly what I needed. NoteTab is great.

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2003
            Jody, and, or Eric,

            Earlier on the clips list a short discussion evolved about using a clip
            to gather data for the SearchDisk dialog. It's obvious copy&paste won't
            work unless you're using a clipboard utility that allows multiple saves.

            I decided to try altering NotePro.ini with no success, at least in the
            attempt to alter the SearchFiles section. I tried to do ^!SaveValue's
            in several different ways.

            I could save the desired values to an entirely new section I created in
            NotePro.ini but no matter what I tried I couldn't alter the SearchFiles
            section of the .ini unless I edited it manually and rebooted NotePro or
            used SearchDisk dialog.

            My question, is the SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini protected in some
            way to prevent access to it other that a manual edit or the SearchDisk
            dialog?

            I already have clips that edit, or manipulate the Find and Replace data
            in NotePro.ini with no trouble. Is there a way to change the
            SearchFiles data with a clip?

            hrs
          • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 26, 2003
              Hi Harvey,

              This didn't cause me any problem. Did you try the little clip I had
              posted? To avoid some potential problems, add ^!ProgIniSave to the
              top of it.

              Probably better to discuss this further on the clips list.

              Regards,
              Sheri