Re: [list] Re: [notetab] Re: [NTB] RE: troubleshoot notetab

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2003
      Yes, indeed, it is a local ISP and I have installed a spam remover that
      really works, but all outgoing/incoming data from and to the computer must
      pass through it and through the firewall ZoneAlarm. The spam remover is
      POPFile and it works really good. From 100 + spams per day I am down to 2 -
      5 spams per day and I have to retrieve from the spam filter about 1 or 2
      friendly emails per day.
      Ed
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2003
        On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 09:17:27 -0600, you wrote:

        >Yes, indeed, it is a local ISP and I have installed a spam remover that
        >really works, but all outgoing/incoming data from and to the computer must
        >pass through it and through the firewall ZoneAlarm. The spam remover is
        >POPFile and it works really good.

        I also use PopFile and it works great. Just to correct something you
        said above - only incoming data passes through PopFile and that is just
        email (as it is listening on port 110), as said, all data does pass
        through your firewall. I'm mentioning this because this would eliminate
        PopFile as a cause of your uploading the webpage problem.

        Since uploading web pages and included graphics are interrelated with
        HTML, I would suggest moving this over to the HTML list. The people
        there might have more insight into your problem.

        Subscribe to HTML List
        mailto:ntb-html-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Jan

        --