RE: troubleshoot notetab

  • JSB
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
      Group.

      I would like you help.

      I use notetab extensively at our web site to write html code and am acutely
      beside myself in terms of the server not executing the complete upload of
      the site.

      It seems that the editor will display the entire site images and all in the
      browser. However, when it is uploaded it displays everything except the
      images and graphics. In other words the server shows only the text.

      I have checked and double checked settings and formatting and anything that
      I thought would be a problem only to experience the continual above result.

      Is there something going on physically within notetab that I'm not seeing?
      Are there settings that need to be reset?
      Has anyone had this kind or similar issue?

      I'm at a loss to know how to resolve this.

      Our server and domain owner can't understand what my problem is since he can
      do whatever he wants with the web site and I in turn am experiencing all
      this difficulty.

      Can anyone in the group 'see' my problem clearly enough to help me resolve
      this?

      Curious and continually baffled<grin>.
      Joe
    • Adam Coleman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
        On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:36:18 -0800, JSB <res174nv@...> wrote:

        > Group.
        >
        > I would like you help.
        >
        > I use notetab extensively at our web site to write html code and am
        > acutely
        > beside myself in terms of the server not executing the complete upload of
        > the site.
        >
        > It seems that the editor will display the entire site images and all in
        > the
        > browser. However, when it is uploaded it displays everything except the
        > images and graphics. In other words the server shows only the text.
        >
        > I have checked and double checked settings and formatting and anything
        > that
        > I thought would be a problem only to experience the continual above
        > result.
        >
        > Is there something going on physically within notetab that I'm not
        > seeing?
        > Are there settings that need to be reset?
        > Has anyone had this kind or similar issue?
        >
        > I'm at a loss to know how to resolve this.
        >
        > Our server and domain owner can't understand what my problem is since he
        > can
        > do whatever he wants with the web site and I in turn am experiencing all
        > this difficulty.
        >
        > Can anyone in the group 'see' my problem clearly enough to help me
        > resolve
        > this?
        >
        > Curious and continually baffled<grin>.
        > Joe

        Joe,

        I have had the same problem several times, and invariably it has been a
        file location mistake. Try checking the basics:

        Did the graphics files get uploaded to the site?

        Are they in the right directory? If the directory name on the server is not
        the same as on your computer where you developed the site, the link may not
        be right once the file is uploaded. The notetab clip will put into the html
        source the directory it found the picture in on your machine when you run
        the clip and browse for the graphic. If this is not the same relative
        directory structure on the server, it won't work. Edit the html source to
        put in the right directory name and upload the html source again.

        Check the cases and extensions of the file names. Does your server force
        files to be in lower case? Some FTP programs will change file names to
        lower case automatically. If that isn't reflected in your source, it won't
        find it.

        Maybe you've already checked this stuff, but I have scratched my head
        several times over this sort of thing. I hope this helps.

        Adam

        --
        Adam Coleman
        acoleman@...