kybd shortcuts and cse validator question

  • kiyoshi
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2002
      Hello everyone,

      i have been using notetab pro since version 4.8xx. and i have looked
      and looked for a way to assing keyboard shortcuts to specific clips and
      or to strings of text. For example, i use the break tag alot when im
      making my web pages, is there a way for me to assing... say the
      ctrl+shift+b key combination to automatically paste that into my
      document?

      also, the help file included in note tab mentions integration with cse
      html validator. Does this integration not work with the lite version of
      this validator? I have been trying and trying to get it to work and
      havent figured it out yet.

      thanks!

      .::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.
      CHINO COCHINO
      .::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.
      http://www.chinoyloscochinos.com
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2002
        Hi,

        >i have been using notetab pro since version 4.8xx. and i have looked
        >and looked for a way to assing keyboard shortcuts to specific clips and
        >or to strings of text. For example, i use the break tag alot when im
        >making my web pages, is there a way for me to assing... say the
        >ctrl+shift+b key combination to automatically paste that into my
        >document?

        There is a clip in the File section of the NoteTab Clip List Clip Hotkeys
        v1.04.zip that can help you do this. To join the NoteTab Clip List send an
        email to
        <ntb-clips-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>
        Once you subscribe, the Files section can be found here
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/

        Although I have made some of these clips, I tend to use the In-Context
        Clipbook a lot for repetitive tasks by hitting the ESC key while working in
        a document. When you press ESC a combo box is displayed that contains the
        contents of the active Clipbook library at the cursor position. Selecting
        an item from the combo box will then paste the Clip text in your document.
        Typing in the combo box will automatically scroll to the first item
        matching the characters entered. Press ENTER or double-click to confirm
        your choice. You can choose a different Clipbook library by invoking the
        combo box shortcut menu. To cancel the "In-Context Clipbook", just hit the
        ESC key or click with the mouse in another part of the editor.

        >also, the help file included in note tab mentions integration with cse
        >html validator. Does this integration not work with the lite version of
        >this validator? I have been trying and trying to get it to work and
        >havent figured it out yet.

        Correct, Notetab provides integreation only with the Professional version
        of CSE HTML Validator.

        Julie
      • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2002
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "kiyoshi" <kiyoshi@d...> wrote:
          > i have been using notetab pro since version 4.8xx. and i
          > have looked and looked for a way to assing keyboard
          > shortcuts to specific clips and or to strings of text.
          > For example, i use the break tag alot when im making my
          > web pages, is there a way for me to assing... say the
          > ctrl+shift+b key combination to automatically paste that
          > into my document?

          20v1.04.zip

          To download the above file, you must join the clips groups and have
          your subscription linked to your Yahoo account (although you can
          still use any email address). You can go here to subscribe:

          If you are already a member but cannot access the the files section,
          go here and make sure your Yahoo account is linked.

          If you still can't get in, or the file won't download, post a message
          to the clips group.

          The clip in question generates Hotkeys prefixed by Ctrl+Alt, but
          Ctrl+Shift would also work. These hotkeys are at the Windows level,
          so be aware that no other program will be able to use the chosen
          combination for another purpose. To change the hotkey you would edit
          the properties of the generated shortcut file, and the generated
          comment in your shortcuts.dat file.

          Regards,
          Sheri