RE: [NTB] Insert characters in many lines

  • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2002

      > How can insert special characters at the same position in many lines?
      > Specifically, I would like to comment out blocks of text with the
      > characters % or *, which should be inserted at the beginning or -in
      > other instances- at the end of a certain block of text.
      >
      > Thanks a bunch in advance, greetings,
      >
      > --- Daniel ---

      To do it at the beginning of a line you might want to see Options -
      Internet... Change Email Quote at the bottom of the screen to % or * and
      then use the regular email-quotes commands (CTRL+Q / Modify-Email-Quote Text
      to add the characters or Shift+Ctrl+Q / Modify-Email-Unquote Text to get rid
      of them).

      The other one requires a clip or a correct replace command (Find "^p" -
      Replace with "% ^p" for instance).

      ^p represents a line-break.

      HTH,

      Hugo