Re: [NTB] Search Disk Print

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2002
      Hi Keith,

      >Is there any way to print the list of results from the Search Disk
      >Dialog box once the search is completed?

      If you want the search criteria printed you will need a Clip.
      Please see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA However,
      I believe the list of files the criteria was found in will be
      limited in the method I'm thinking of...

      If you only want to know what files the criteria was found in,
      you can open ..\NoteTab...\Favorites\Search Disk.fvr You will
      only get a list up to 65 files if the following still holds true:

      From: "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@...>
      Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:28:12 +0100
      Subject: Re: [Clip] Re: Search Disk.fvr

      Hello Hans,

      > 1) Would it be possible to integrate the information
      >in the information box which pops up at the end of a
      >search+replacement into the "Search Disk.fvr". This information about
      >what was replaced in how many files is a vital information. Instead of
      >making a note manually (there is no other way, because NoteTab is
      >blocked until "OK" is clicked), it could be written into the "Search
      >Disk.fvr" which would also be safed incremental, that no other search
      >info would be erased.
      >Probably instead of having only a "OK" button, there could be also a
      >"Save as button".

      Thanks for your suggestion. I'll add it to the wish list...

      > 2) I make sometime replacements in large numbers of
      >files. I tested the save "Search Disk.fvr" several times. It writes no
      >more then 65 files into the document. Why ?

      The limit is deliberate and hard coded into NoteTab. Large Favorites lists
      can have very serious impact on the loading speed of NoteTab and can also
      quickly burn up system resources. Most users wouldn't have a clue why this
      is happening and would probably end up uninstalling NoteTab. Hence, the
      limit on the number of entries in Search Disk.fvr.

      Happy Clip'n!

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options