Re: Indent a whole paragraph (or text section)

  • apsyrtes
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
      --- In notetab@y..., Barry Karas <bkaras@m...> wrote:
      > All other text editors that I've used have simple commands for
      indenting a
      > marked block of text. "^ + I" only indents the first line. What is
      the
      > command for indenting a marked block of text?

      You've got the right command. TAB and SHIFT-TAB also do the same
      thing (and make more sense, as far as I am concerned).

      I think you'll find that if you turn word-wrap off, the "block of
      text" you have selected is not a block at all, but really one line,
      and so really only should get an indent on "the first line" which is
      actually the beginning of a single line that is being presented as
      word wrapped.

      If you select a number of lines that truly are different lines, CTRL-I
      and TAB work they way you are expecting them to work here.

      Jason.