Re: Indent a whole paragraph (or text section)

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
      --- In notetab@y..., Barry Karas <bkaras@m...> wrote:
      > All other text editors that I've used have simple commands for
      indenting a
      > marked block of text. "^ + I" only indents the first line. What is
      the
      > command for indenting a marked block of text?
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Barry Karas

      Hi Barry,

      In Notetab Pro it is very easy to do that with Modify|Lines|Reformat
      Lines. To do it with Light or Standard, you would need to use the
      Clip Programming facility (there is a separate Yahoo group for Clip
      help; this one is only for Basic questions).

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • apsyrtes
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
        --- In notetab@y..., Barry Karas <bkaras@m...> wrote:
        > All other text editors that I've used have simple commands for
        indenting a
        > marked block of text. "^ + I" only indents the first line. What is
        the
        > command for indenting a marked block of text?

        You've got the right command. TAB and SHIFT-TAB also do the same
        thing (and make more sense, as far as I am concerned).

        I think you'll find that if you turn word-wrap off, the "block of
        text" you have selected is not a block at all, but really one line,
        and so really only should get an indent on "the first line" which is
        actually the beginning of a single line that is being presented as
        word wrapped.

        If you select a number of lines that truly are different lines, CTRL-I
        and TAB work they way you are expecting them to work here.

        Jason.