Indent a whole paragraph (or text section)

  • Barry Karas
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
      All other text editors that I've used have simple commands for indenting a
      marked block of text. "^ + I" only indents the first line. What is the
      command for indenting a marked block of text?

      Thank you.

      Barry Karas
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
        --- In notetab@y..., Barry Karas <bkaras@m...> wrote:
        > All other text editors that I've used have simple commands for
        indenting a
        > marked block of text. "^ + I" only indents the first line. What is
        the
        > command for indenting a marked block of text?
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Barry Karas

        Hi Barry,

        In Notetab Pro it is very easy to do that with Modify|Lines|Reformat
        Lines. To do it with Light or Standard, you would need to use the
        Clip Programming facility (there is a separate Yahoo group for Clip
        help; this one is only for Basic questions).

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • apsyrtes
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
          --- In notetab@y..., Barry Karas <bkaras@m...> wrote:
          > All other text editors that I've used have simple commands for
          indenting a
          > marked block of text. "^ + I" only indents the first line. What is
          the
          > command for indenting a marked block of text?

          You've got the right command. TAB and SHIFT-TAB also do the same
          thing (and make more sense, as far as I am concerned).

          I think you'll find that if you turn word-wrap off, the "block of
          text" you have selected is not a block at all, but really one line,
          and so really only should get an indent on "the first line" which is
          actually the beginning of a single line that is being presented as
          word wrapped.

          If you select a number of lines that truly are different lines, CTRL-I
          and TAB work they way you are expecting them to work here.

          Jason.